Phone messages gone mad! KKTCELL. Anyone else?

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

justsayin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Phone messages gone mad! KKTCELL. Anyone else?

•   Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Post by justsayin »

Put some credit on our phones this morning and they have both gone mad!! Thought initially it was just my other half's phone that had a problem because messages from 2 years ago were coming on!!
Then 20 mins after that mine started. No old messages on mine. Just numerous ones saying same thing that credit on etc. His also the same. So far had about 20 - or so each. Plus obviously he had the old messages. LOL
Just wondering if anyone else having this entertainment today??

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Phone messages gone mad! KKTCELL. Anyone else?

•   Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Messaging centres send until your phone sends an 'ack' to confirm that the message has been delivered. The messages stored at the 'home' messaging centre should typically age out after one week of attempted delivery. If you are in a poor reception/transmission area this can lead to the receipt of multiple messages .... SMS is not instant... it can be pretty quick but should not be thought of as such in mission-critical situations. It is a way for telecomms networks to make use of systems latency and make money.

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”