Retaining a UK phone number, living in NC long term

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Retaining a UK phone number, living in NC long term

•   Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Good morning all

Currently using EE network in the UK, but happy to port my phone number to another provider.

I would like to retain my UK mobile phone number whilst also not commit to a monthly UK PAYG top up, or a monthly top up contract package.

I don't mind a 180 day UK PAYG package as I expect to be back in the UK once or more within a 180 day period and the phone will get use during the UK stay, thus using up credit and may involve a top up during that time.

I would also like to be able to access UK network voicemail from NC without incurring potentially large international connection charges. Is this possible.

Interested to know if anyone else has retained a UK mobile phone number and has found a way to minimise the UK provider cost of retaining such whilst living in NC.

TIA.
libens volens potens

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Retaining a UK phone number, living in NC long term

•   Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Vodafone PAYG works for us. No contract, SIM only, able to top up on line and “Turkey” (which is what it thinks Nth Cyprus is) is classed as “Europe” and so you pay the reduced European roaming charges.

It’s always amusing to see the same “You were expecting to see higher roaming charges...” type message coming through both when you go south of the green line and when you come back over!

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”