Vodafone - Can't understand TRNC isn't Turkey

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

MVP
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Vodafone - Can't understand TRNC isn't Turkey

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by MVP »

My partner and I have recently taken out Vodafone's Red Entertainment package which gives us unlimited calls and 20GB that we can use in the TRNC.

It also includes 500 international minutes, i.e can call a list of countries including the TRNC.
However, when I call the TRNC from the UK I get charged for the calls.

I have spoken several times to Vodafone's call centre in India who agree that both north and south Cyprus are included in my 500 minutes, but as the international code is 0090, I'm calling Turkey.

I suggested they call one of the many Vodafone stores in North Cyprus and ask if the number I have called are in Turkey or North Cyprus, but they said they couldn't call internationally from the call centre !!!

I have explained that their system need to count area codes 392, 533 and 548 as North Cyprus, but then they go into the infinite loop of saying the same thing over and over that doesn't actually address the problem.

I have raised a complaint, but think a trip into my local branch on a busy Saturday might elicit a proper response.

I have to say I find it quite incredible that a global company with plenty of outlets in the TRNC can't figure out the difference between two separate countries.

Rant over

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Vodafone - Can't understand TRNC isn't Turkey

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by erol »

It is an 'anomaly' of the UK vodaphone red packages that when you are outside of the UK and in one of the 'nominated' countries, you can call any number (and use data) in that country, any number in any country in the list of nominated countries and any number in the UK , from your bundled minutes (and data) yet when you are in the UK any calls to any number not in the UK will not use your bundled minutes and be charged at standard international per minute rates. As well as this being a glaring 'anomaly' of these packages it is also true imo that Vodpahone UK on things like their website actively try and not make this clear on such packages and make establishing this is the way those packages work even when you 'dig deep', as hard as possible.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by erol »

I also think it does not help mere 'customers' struggling to understand such things that Vodaphone TRNC (telsim) 'Red' packages work in an entirely different way. Where by when in the TRNC or Turkey any calls to numbers in the nominated countries list do come from your bundled minutes but when you are outside Turkey / TRNC and in one of those nominated countries all call to any number, be it in that country, to another country on the nominated list or to Turkey / TRNC do not come out of your bundled minutes.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

I nearly got caught on this one no cost for calls round the world but excluded Turkey 'I made them change it back call in a shop they usually sort it
What you want is the standard deal that includes Turkey and pay £3 a month for 100 minutes world calling

Mimi2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Mimi2 »

I just use a UK Vodafone payg sim for UK & here Telsim World payg sim here. Both sims active in twin sim phone
£10 / month & 85 TL / month all the data & mins I can use

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”