Vodafone alternatives

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Misswolves
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Vodafone alternatives

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Misswolves »

I haven’t been back to TRNC since I left in March.

I have a Turkcell sim and phone which I’ve kept topped up.

I’m currently with Vodafone on a sim only contract which I took out just because I didn’t do much time in TRNC. I took this out specifically because of the calls/roaming as I needed to be able to be contacted in TRNC by a hospital in London.

So, now my contract comes to an end I was due to change to their ultimate max, but I note others have had their contact terms changed regarding their data and 4 month useage so that seems a no go.

I really just need a provider I can move my number to so I can receive Uk calls without charge and text messages from banks, for example.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Vodafone alternatives

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

This is what the new rules are,
From 18 January 2021, if you use your phone abroad in any of your plan’s inclusive roaming destinations for 62 or more days in a four month period, and your usage in those destinations is more than your usage in the UK we’ll send you a warning email or text to let you know when this happens.
So if you are not going to be here that long it may not be a concern. My wife has a PAYG with Vodafone and I am carrying on with my ultimate max which of course isn't now because the extra charges are only small and it keeps my number. When my contract comes up again I will have another look at what is on offer but will most likely go for PAYG as well. I really need a local phone though.

Misswolves
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Misswolves »

Thank you, Chris.
I’m probably going to have to travel back every month anyway, so like you say, it might not be an issue.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

can you not receive texts for free on your payg vodafone?

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”