Sim card

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Lhasa
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Sim card

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Lhasa »

I know this has been asked loads of times but as a swallow returning post pandemic 30 months! What is the best way to use my phone in North Cyprus? Last time we were over we couldn't get a sim as we would have had to register and for 2 weeks didn't think it was worth the hassle. Basically need a phone for local calls, and data, handy when out and about, I know Vodafone used to do it but think that was just for contract?

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Sim card

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

I've switched to SIM only with Vodafone after my contract expired last November. According to "My Vodafone" app, the plan is called Unlimited + 4 Extra "Benefits"which are Unlimited Data, Wi-Fi and 4G Calling??? Unlimited Picture Messages??? and most importantly, Inclusive Roaming in 83 Worldwide Countries including Turkiye and TRNC. Was half price last 6 months but went up to £30 a month this month. Yes I could pay less for capped data and no roaming etc and get local SIM card when in Kibris, but there's all the hassle, registration as you said, different numbers to contend with, plus when we come out ad-hoc sometimes at a moments notice it's one less thing to think about.

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

I to have the Vodaphone deal, been using it for the past 2 years now, as you say saves worrying about keeping a Turkish sim up and running when your a swallow, and l think good value

Lhasa
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Lhasa »

I have been told I can buy a sim for my UK phone but I must register after 30 days, which is fine as I am only in trnc for 17 days, does this sound feasible???

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Lhasa wrote:
Wed 11 May 2022 7:00 pm
I have been told I can buy a sim for my UK phone but I must register after 30 days, which is fine as I am only in trnc for 17 days, does this sound feasible???
Yes, you will be totally fine getting a sim here for your UK phone. Your UK phone with TRNC sim will only work for 90 days here, not 30, and would have to be registered before the 90 days is up.

Lhasa
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Lhasa »

Brilliant cheers :+1:)

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Lhasa wrote:
Thu 12 May 2022 1:18 am
Brilliant cheers :+1:)
You can have a look at what's on offer for prepaid on Telsim and KKTCell websites. When you get here, pop into one of the many shops and they will sort you out.

https://www.kktctelsim.com/tarifeler-ve-kampanyalar
https://www.kktcell.com/faturasiz

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”