DATA SIM CARDS - WHICH ONE IS BEST?

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

pulse90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

DATA SIM CARDS - WHICH ONE IS BEST?

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by pulse90 »

Hi I am travelling to Northern Cyprus next week and staying near Iskele. My phone provider does not cover the North, so have advised me to buy a local sim card when I am there (my phone is unlocked). I need the internet more than making phone calls, so I can connect via Skype, Facebook, etc...... back to the UK. Can anyone recommend a decent local Data sim card that I can buy, and also where can I get it from?
Also, are there any Wifi spots round there?
Thanks in advance for any advice

ozonkoyboy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: DATA SIM CARDS - WHICH ONE IS BEST?

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by ozonkoyboy »

Most of the bars in town have WiFI, as do the harbour, they will always give you the password if your having a drink if you set your WiFi setting to ask to join it should pick up any wifi near you, once you have entered the code your phone should remember it the next time you visit
As regards the sim, its down to personal choice Turkcell or Telsim and what you want to pay for 3G as in MB/GB you can purchase 2,4,8,16,32 and so on
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination”

Hawkeye
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Hawkeye »

From the roundabout in the centre of Iskele, head south towards Famagusta (garage on your right) and turkcell is in the row of shops on the left. We use their pay as you go for phone and internet and always have good service in the area. Have a great time!

pulse90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by pulse90 »

Thank you both very much for your great advice. we will be going over next week to sing in a newly opening venue in Iskele. It's going to be called Big Al's, and is behind the camping site on the beach near a small supermarket, that's all the info that I have so far. It opens next Friday the 3rd. Would be great to see some of you there?
Thanks again

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”