Where to eat in Bellapais

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

DieHard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Where to eat in Bellapais

•   Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

Post by DieHard »

Could anyone recommend some where to eat in Bellapais before a concert please? Not too expensive, we go to Bellapais Gardens for special occasions, also nice to linger there after a meal.

TB10pilot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Where to eat in Bellapais

•   Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

Post by TB10pilot »

Kybele right next door to the Abbey!

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Bella Moon is the best restaurant up there imo

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Abbey Bell Tower, recently taken over by the lovely Cengis and his partner Younis from Kybele..... apparently he will pick you up and take you back to your accommodation... lovely views and good prices, unlike Kybele nor Bellapais Gardens, both of which I love but are pricey and more for special occasions, but depends how much you want to pay. Read the reviews on Trip Advisor, in fact we are going there tomorrow...

johnerebus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

Post by johnerebus »

What a succinct, informative and well toned reply from you mrsgee. I've been to none of the restaurants you mention but if and when I do I'll pop in to both the pricey ones to check em out and eat in the Abbey Bell Tower. Thanks.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Bella Moon!

MVP
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

Post by MVP »

Bella Moon, no contest

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Bella Moon, wins hands down regarding the mid range eateries. Been to them all Don't rate Kybele, just paying for the name and a tourist trap IMHO.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Just got back from Abbey Bell Tower lunch. It was packed out with the usual tourists who come to Bellapais, the food was excellent, the service was excellent, the price is very good too. I also agree with other posters, Bella Moon is good, but I think, if you want the full package, good food, free taxi service, perfect hosts, great views and excellent service, for me Abby Bell Tower just inches ahead. Horses for courses as always.

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

Definitely Abbey Bell Tower for us. Cengis and Younis are wonderful hosts. The food and ambience is lovely. We must be the only people who fail to see the attraction of BellaMoon.
Kybele off our list now, food has been awful on the last two visits.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Went to go to Bella moon twice over the Christmas period and both times we couldn’t find it! Not sure if it is shut for winter or me and my wife are being a bit thick.

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

I must admit when I've been we've been picked up by the restaurant. I just know from the street you will need to look for a sign as the tables are out the back in a courtyard. You just enter through a doorway & steps up to restaurant.

DieHard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

Post by DieHard »

It has a handbag shop on the street and is up the steps beside it, usually they have a menu on the steps, very near the top of the street on the right as you go up.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

We have walked past it a few times and it looks nothing special so never bothered. Thanks to this thread we will give it a go.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

I prefer Bella Moon during the summer months as the garden is lovely. Usually, during winter the tables are inside, but again, it is a lovely traditional building, probably originally a house. Trigger, if you are coming from the direction of the abbey, go past the tree of idleness head down the High Street and it is about 20 yards I think on the left. If heading up from the lower car park, it is on the right before you get to the main area of restaurants. We have always found the food to be very good.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

mrsgee wrote:I prefer Bella Moon during the summer months as the garden is lovely. Usually, during winter the tables are inside, but again, it is a lovely traditional building, probably originally a house. Trigger, if you are coming from the direction of the abbey, go past the tree of idleness head down the High Street and it is about 20 yards I think on the left. If heading up from the lower car park, it is on the right before you get to the main area of restaurants. We have always found the food to be very good.
As you go past The Residence Hotel on the left it is virtually the next building

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

We found the front of the restaurant ok, but when we walked up the stairs and to the back, there was nothing that represented a restaurant. Will try again in the warmer months. I think it must close for winter.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Tue 31 Dec 2019 9:36 am
We have walked past it a few times and it looks nothing special so never bothered. Thanks to this thread we will give it a go.

Almost a year to the day since this thread started and I realised I ought to report back from my post. A friend of ours said she had been and recommended Bella Moon so we have been with her twice now yesterday being the latest visit.

I can say it is the best meal I have had in a long time. The restaurant itself has apparently been renovated but I have to say they have done a fantastic job. It is clean, well decorated and has bags of atmosphere. Staff are very friendly and efficient.

On top of all this the prices are very reasonable. Certainly will visit time and time again and have no hesitation at all in recommending it to others.

OK so last night was a Friday night but it was full to capacity and such a pleasure to see the owner's hard work paying off.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Sat 24 Oct 2020 4:32 pm
Chriswright03 wrote:
Tue 31 Dec 2019 9:36 am

Almost a year to the day since this thread started and I realised I ought to report back from my post. A friend of ours said she had been and recommended Bella Moon so we have been with her twice now yesterday being the latest visit.

I can say it is the best meal I have had in a long time. The restaurant itself has apparently been renovated but I have to say they have done a fantastic job. It is clean, well decorated and has bags of atmosphere. Staff are very friendly and efficient.

We love Bellapais, live just down the road, and it has been so sad to see how the restaurants are suffering there without tourism which of course was their main income stream. So good to hear something positive. We have been to Bella Moon many times over the years, always good food.

On top of all this the prices are very reasonable. Certainly will visit time and time again and have no hesitation at all in recommending it to others.

OK so last night was a Friday night but it was full to capacity and such a pleasure to see the owner's hard work paying off.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Chris Wright

Really don’t know what went wrong with my post, but was just agreeing with you about Bella Moon, and so sad Bellapais is struggling so much. I don’t know how they will survive without the tourists which is pretty much what keeps the lovely village going.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Everywhere is struggling though and even the little cafe in the middle of Catalkoy village has closed. We used to use it most weeks just for a cheap and cheerful local meal which was always excellent. The meal was cheap but the young lady running the place was always cheerful. Sad to see these people lose their livelihood.

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”