Restaurants in the Harbour

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

AndyT
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Restaurants in the Harbour

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by AndyT »

Having been coming here since early 80's and my parents owning a villa here since 85, the Harbour has never really been a place for a great meal (apart from the Harbour Club we used to go to years ago). My Wife likes the scenery but I'm warey of the food quality. Is there anywhere good left or are you simply paying for the view?

Thanks

Andy

blackbird
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Restaurants in the Harbour

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by blackbird »

My experience eating around the harbour is not good, and I wouldnt recommend anywhere. The last few times we walked into the harbour area we were immediately pestered with touts. We turned around and walked away.

AndyT
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by AndyT »

I know it's always been a problem. Shame really, a good restaurant would thrive down there.

andrew4232
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by andrew4232 »

one point i think were all missing here is the fact that the harbour is 'a tourist attraction' and whether or not we think its good value is to be debated, but if the harbour and its businesses where not there we have lost yet another thing to bring people here for a holiday which well all need them to keep doing
Karaman, its not all wax jackets and green wellies anymore

AndyT
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by AndyT »

I think it's an amazing tourist attraction don't get me wrong. But the restaurants are appalling and there is no excuse for that. I'd rather have a hellim roll from Dallas Buffet than a meal down there. I've spent so many younger years drinking down there, now I want to enjoy it, relax and have a nice meal with my wife. But that's just not possible .

BTW we used to have a villa in Karmi, miss the place. We're now over in Ambelia, Bellapais. Not as picturesque but nicer road lol, Ahh the good old days, playing drinking games at Spot. Is Spot still there?

andrew4232
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by andrew4232 »

oh yes the spot is still here only zinni there now though
Karaman, its not all wax jackets and green wellies anymore

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”