Verandah - more in sorrow than in anger!

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

mamachina
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Verandah - more in sorrow than in anger!

•   Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Post by mamachina »

We went for Sunday lunch to the Veranda the other weekend - we have been before - and I have to say it was the worst meal I have ever had there - and we have been going for over 5 years on and off. The meat had obviously been cooked days before, was dry and tasteless, the vegetables were undercooked and also tasteless - a big disappointment. We usually have one of their excellent desserts, but didn't dare! What a shame the proprietors do not seem to be around on a lunch time - it wasnt worth complaining to the waiter/s. We will give an evening another go later on, when we can sit outside and enjoy the view etc - and the owner is usually around then, so can be spoken to if things arent quite right.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Verandah - more in sorrow than in anger!

•   Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Not been there for years. Maybe they had staff problems - no chef or some such and employed someone like me to cook. Now THAT would be a disaster! Hope you have better luck next time. But it really does so depend on who (or what) is in the kitchen. But what a waste of money! Sorry to hear it. And the moral of the story is????????????? I don't know, cos I expect the bosses would be really upset if they thought the staff let them and their reputation down. Maybe you should mention it to Boss man sometime.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”