Chinese at Maplas?

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

DieHard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Chinese at Maplas?

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by DieHard »

Has anyone been to the Chinese at the Malpas Hotel in Catalkoy? If so what was the meal like and how were the prices please?

mikea11
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Chinese at Maplas?

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by mikea11 »

Have not been but looking to go this week, 50tl weekdays, 70tl weekend for all you can eat including soft drink according to Cyprus Today this week.

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

Will be there Tuesday.
Hopefully a good selection for my wife who eats fish and veg but not meat.

mikea11
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by mikea11 »

Paul90, please let us know what u think, we are going tomorrow

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

Tried it tonight.
The 50TL weekday offer is for a limited period in the low season.
Don't expect a Chinese buffet like you would find in a large UK Chinese restaurant, with plenty of dishes.
It is a small station within the main restaurant - but this does allow you to eat from the Turkish, Italian and other stations including all the deserts.

The Chinese has no starters or deserts. There is one beef, one chicken, and two veg dishes with rice and noodles. No fish or prawns.
Chef cooks in woks and fills heated trays. Food direct from woks is hot but rice and noodles mainly warm.
Quality is OK, perhaps only average.

My first time in Malpas - restaurant setting is nicely laid out, space between the tables. Good service.
Two guys on keyboard and sax playing smooth jazz.

Would I go again?
Not from Karsiyaka at more than 50TL but perhaps if I lived in catalkoy whilst the 50TL is still valid.
If I wanted a good selection of Chinese food I would go else where.
But for 50TL you cannot complain when all the other non Chinese dishes are available.

mikea11
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by mikea11 »

Thanks for that, very informative. Out of interest what time did you go, we were thinking about 7.45, was there're sufficient food still then or would we need to go earlier?

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

Yes, forgot to mention - about 7.30 is best.
Plenty of hotel guests in the restaurant but sufficient tables.
Food replenished regularly - doesn't run out.

mikea11
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by mikea11 »

Good evening, not the Chinese restaurant we were led to believe by the advert but having said that there was the Italian and Turkish also to choose from apart from lots of starters and puddings, in our view 50 tl well spent, nice surroundings and good service and food was plentiful. We had a bottle of Argentian rose wine which was 50tl ( house was 40) and one beer which was 12tl. Would go again.

Sewage
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Sewage »

The advert for the Chinese restaurant in Cyprus today is very misleading nothing like it.Very disappointing.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Well I enjoyed it went back for seconds and different dishes had been added. 50 tl was value for money in my opinion.

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

Eight of us went last night.

On the Chinese counter there were four dishes plus noodles and fried rice. The flavour of the dishes was excellent and, you could have as much as you wanted. The only complaint was that the food was only warm, unless you were at the counter when the chef delivered a new batch, which was piping hot. As already mentioned above, a good selection of other food was available, as well as an array of 'sweet stuff'. Some confusion over whether or not soft drinks were included in the 50TL meal price, but water was free. We all considered it to be very good value for money. Bon Appetit.

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”