Silver rocks

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Silver rocks

•   Message 1 of 22 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

A reminder that Silver Rocks will be reopening on Wednesday 2nd March

geroff
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Silver rocks

•   Message 2 of 22 in Discussion

Post by geroff »

Mmmmmm, hope the food gets back to what Siver Rocks was noted for, had some iffy meals there last year .. Beautiful setting , used to be our faverate place ..

JenAnd
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 22 in Discussion

Post by JenAnd »

Never had a bad meal there....... really looking forward to going there. Missed it. Actually went today, to see if we could find out...but is it Wednesday 1st March or Thursday 2nd March opening, please??

crofter
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 22 in Discussion

Post by crofter »

Geroff- iffy service we experienced particularly during an evening visit. The waiters were not really interested in serving or attending to us. In fact one of them was quite rude. That was our experience early on in the season last year and so we did not return at all last year. Most unfortunate as we have never experienced indifferent service during the day. The owner is such a polite, friendly and obliging man - I wonder if he has taken his 'finger off the pulse' so to speak?

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 22 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Whole week messed up, but opening is Wednesday. Really sorry to hear the last post as I have never had bad service there and if it was that bad would have spoken to Ibo or Savas as always one of them are on duty.

trooper
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 22 in Discussion

Post by trooper »

Thank goodness they'll be open tomorrow. Been lost without them.

GEROFF; Faverate???? FFS

geroff
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 22 in Discussion

Post by geroff »

Trooper. My spelling is perhaps not to every ones taste , but you my friend are ignorant to use the abbreviation of disgusting words, you should be banned ...

Favourite
Favorite

Get over it . Nobody has died through miss spelling but PCP are just as annoying as others misspelling ....

journey1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 22 in Discussion

Post by journey1 »

Such an overrated establishment - I've had several friends & guests say as much after a visit to it.

PaulW
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 22 in Discussion

Post by PaulW »

I have frequented Silver Rocks for over twenty five years, ever since it was "Rita On The Rocks". The food is consistently good, the staff friendly and polite. For a restaurant that is fully booked almost every night I fail to see how certain people can say it's overrated.
But that's my opinion, it would be a strange old world if we all thought the same, it's just that most feel the same way about this as I do.

topten
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 22 in Discussion

Post by topten »

I love the Silver Rocks not for the food because this is no better or worse than any other place on the Island, but what it as got is SETTING where you can sit on the sea's edge

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 22 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

My wife thinks it is a great place but it's never really done it for me. Food is OK but there are much better places IMHO.

geroff
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 22 in Discussion

Post by geroff »

PaulW wrote:I have frequented Silver Rocks for over twenty five years, ever since it was "Rita On The Rocks". The food is consistently good, the staff friendly and polite. For a restaurant that is fully booked almost every night I fail to see how certain people can say it's overrated.
But that's my opinion, it would be a strange old world if we all thought the same, it's just that most feel the same way about this as I do.
You like, but others dont, its same as any where, if you get a couple of meals that are not up to scratch, why bother with food again there.
Surely every oneis entitled to their opinion, for us, its not what it was .. ...

Paying for reconstructed scampie ( bread flavouring to resemble a scampie) is not what we call good dining, plus it was charged at real scampie prices! .... We dont like being ripped off no mater how lovely the owner is etc ..

davedee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 22 in Discussion

Post by davedee »

Reformed or whole tail Scampi aside! It is very difficult to knock success ,and successful Silver Rocks surely is!!

earlybird
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 22 in Discussion

Post by earlybird »

Each to their own obviously but we have been going there for years and it has to be one of the most consistently good eating places. Never had any complaints whatsoever.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 22 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Have always rated SR, but its got to improve a lot after our visit on Sunday. It was impressive to be greeted by 5 waiters and the owner as if in a receiving line, however, food OKish, service OKish (could have done without a waiter expecting us to keep the same knife and fork for both 1st and 2nd course. Small meze would just about served two at a push, two people had totally different dishes but the same sickly sauce was used for both, one dish should have had rice which never arrived and we nearly gave up on the coffee. Its almost as if people are afraid to find fault with SR, but actually the food is really not a great deal better than other places, its just the position which really sells itself. Did we mention this to the owner? Yes we did about one thing, but will leave it for a while, go again just to see if it was because it was their first Sunday and they were packed. It might be fine next time. I hope so.

Holly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Holly »

Have to say over 4/5 years have had one really nice meal there. The rest not very good although we did register our dissatisfaction with the food that was served to no avail. Tried again last year when we had friends over and they could not even eat what was served. So will never be back again and we do appreciate that every restaurant has the occasional bad day, but bad days way too consistent for us.

There are plenty of other eating establishments far far superior to them and in price terms comparable if not cheaper.

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 22 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Just to say that four of us went today . Excellent service and food . All main meals perfect .
Try not listening to people's rants and try for yourself .

Bloss
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Bloss »

Six of us went for evening meal last night. All our dishes were superb. Service was great and it was extremely busy

Jasja
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Jasja »

Can't believe some of the bad comments on here. We found this gem of a restaurant last year and not once have we gone and received anything but: a warm welcome. Great service (waiters are friendly and helpful) and well presented and excellent quality food. We've introduced many of our friends to Silver Rocks and they have enjoyed it so much they now take their friends to. The food is good quality and the prices are excellent (in comparison to some portion size is way above average and food cooked perfectly). It's the one eatery here that we have found consistently great.

jameslevel7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 22 in Discussion

Post by jameslevel7 »

I have been dropping in to this place since Rita (on the Rocks) used to nick a chip and say "Quality control". I was astonished last week when calling in to find a pile driver parked in the bay and some sort of construction taking place. Does anyone know exactly what is being built ?

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

It's a section of the popular seafront walk (paid for by the EU I believe) that stretches along the Lapta seafront. They are building a bridge across the small bay that lies in front of the restaurant.

jameslevel7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 22 in Discussion

Post by jameslevel7 »

Thank you Hector.
I do not really see the purpose of such an expensive way of building a walking path, but hey, if the EU is paying the money pit is bottomless and unaccountable.
From what I saw it looks as if one could abseil down into SR if you needed a meal or a beer on your walk. Assuming if you are one, like me ,who has always had great service and good value food and beverages from SR.

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”