Happy Garden, Ozankoy

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

lee666
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Happy Garden, Ozankoy

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by lee666 »

This restaurant is now under new ownership/management by Huseyin Konac.

We have eaten there twice within the last 7 days, once for breakfast and today for lunch. On both occasions we have enjoyed our meal tremendously and would recommend a visit even if it is for a coffee and complimentary piece of cake. We had the cake after lunch today and it was lemon cake to die for.

He has only been open a couple of weeks and is still getting things together to make his customers feel comfortable and welcome at his restaurant.

The menu is extensive and offers good Turkish cuisine as well as English, he also has a kids menu which is fairly attractive as well.

Anyway give him a try, call him on 0533 845 6302 and book a table and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
"The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Happy Garden, Ozankoy

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

We were thinking of going Saturday, will call tonight and book.

lee666
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by lee666 »

Well, we have the complete set now as we had dinner there last night and it was delicious.

Our son is over here for a week so we took him along and believe it or not we all ordered the Kebap. This consisted of lamb skewer, chicken sewer, lamb chop and kofte, this was accompanied with hand cut chips which were crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, salad, grilled pepper, grilled onions.

We did not have a starter as we have did not know how big the Kebap would be, just as well as it was totally filling. There was an olive oil & pomegranate dip with black olives in it with toast to dip & enjoy with your first drink.

The setting of Happy Garden, Ozankoy is beautiful and the service is spot on. After we arrived another three tables were quickly occupied.

Happy Garden has gone on to our list as one of our favouite restaurants but don't take my word on it, pop along and try it for yourself. No it's not silver service but it is good tasty food, realaxing atmosphere and nothing is too much bother for Huseyin to make sure your visit is a pleasant one.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Whereabouts is this restaurant please?

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Across from Ozankoy Spor Club next to Happy Market, 2 minutes walk from Yusuf's butchers, The Old Mill, Stone Cavern and Leo's Bar,

den&den
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by den&den »

what happened to erbay (elvis)? He owned it years ago we use to go there a lot I saw him a few weeks ago and he said he reopening soon

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Many thanks Kerry6138. I have now spotted it. It looks great from the outside and we'll be visiting soon.

silverfox1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by silverfox1 »

Been twice in a week....Magnificent!!!!!!!!

lee666
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by lee666 »

Dinner at Happy Garden again, dare I say it is getting better and better.

I can highly recommend this restaurant. The setting, staff, ambience but most important the food is tip top.

If you live on Ozankoy, Catalkoy or Karakum then give it a try you won't be disappointed.

Hoghton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Hoghton »

Went on Saturday night on Lee666 recommendation. Hes not wrong had a lovely meal. Will be going again before we go home.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Visited tonight.

Booked a table via text message......didn't think we needed to but just wanted to let them know we were coming.

Agree with all that has been said, really nice warm welcome, lovely food well cooked and great prices.

Chatting to Husseyin and he explained that Saturday nights they were attempting to do a different theme....With mezes, mains, pudding, coffee and Brandy included in the total price. He was asking for different ideas as to main courses for the evening.

The garden setting lovely and we will return again.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

meme
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by meme »

7 of us had a lovely meal in Happy Garden last night.
All round excellence we will be returning!!

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Our first meal out in our new home Ozanköy and decided to try the Happy Garden.
We were the only customers tonight but were most graciously received and looked after by Hussein - especially when we said we'd just moved into the village.
Would heartily agree with all the comments above: the meal was delicious, thanks to the chef Durdana (I hope I've grasped her name correctly - apologies if I haven't.)
It'll certainly be on our list again.

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”