Bollywoods

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mr Mac
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Bollywoods

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Mr Mac »

Hi everyone, I have saw a post on Facebook re Bollywood’s, it appeared that last night was the first night of the Chinese food being served. Any comments on this as I do like a good Chinese meal. Many thanks.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Bollywoods

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Last night was organised by Hussain as a thank you to his customers over the years. The Chinese menu won't be available until next week, according to Ali who is the new owner.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Where is Hussain going?

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

He's just retiring from the restaurant business after 21 years of long days and late nights. He'll still be around doing property management/maintenance I believe.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Slightly different!

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Been there tonight...tried the 'Chinese' menu... won't be rushing back. Obviously, early days, so maybe give it another go in a few months, but honestly they have no idea about Chinese food. There were other issues, which I will not go into, because I think maybe need to give the place a chance....can't recommend it at the moment.

Bonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Bonnie »

Four of us ate there on Saturday evening Ordered from the Chinese menu
We were all very satisfied with our meal & service.in a delightful courtyard garden
It may not compare with authentic Chinese food but then it is not solely a Chinese restaurant.

Lovelife
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Lovelife »

We tried the Chinese menu, and enjoyed it. One of the dishes we had could have done with more ginger and spring onion in but that's our personal taste. Would try it again.

As Bonnie says, pleasant courtyard to sit in, service attentive but not intrusive.

LL

MikeK
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by MikeK »

Have been there this evening, Food and service was excellent. Hot & sour soup very tasty, vegetable spring rolls perfectly cooked, Manchurian chicken in a dark rich sweet / sour sauce, egg fried rice and a portion of Singapore noodles. All served up on hot trays, empty plates all round. 3 Efes and 1 white wine, 159 Tl, Very good value for money. Will try the Curry next time, hope it will be as good as Hussein's curries. Definitely worth a visit.

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

Tried the chinese menu in the week and it was all very good and much better value than the other establishments offering a Chinese menu. All freshly cooked by the new Chinese chef who came out to meet everyone at the end of service. Will definitely be going again.

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”