Dynasty chinese/thai restaurant

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Dynasty chinese/thai restaurant

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Dynasty is newish restaurant (!) on the bypass. If you like plastic wrapped everything, and I mean everything, then this is for you. Be aware that a Starter is not a starter ; all the courses you choose come together at same time, lumped together on a tray, in plastic boxes, not sure how long they have been in there either. It is a Macdonalds type of place, without it's finesse!!! No alcohol licence at present and service mediocre. We would not recommend this at all unless you have had long journey and this is the only place you find on road to somewhere else!

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Dynasty chinese/thai restaurant

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

sammydavis wrote:Dynasty is newish restaurant (!) on the bypass. If you like plastic wrapped everything, and I mean everything, then this is for you. Be aware that a Starter is not a starter ; all the courses you choose come together at same time, lumped together on a tray, in plastic boxes, not sure how long they have been in there either. It is a Macdonalds type of place, without it's finesse!!! No alcohol licence at present and service mediocre. We would not recommend this at all unless you have had long journey and this is the only place you find on road to somewhere else!
I admit that its not the sort of place I'd choose to eat in.
However for those of us in the area it is very convenient for take-away or delivery.
Having watched the Asian guys at work in the kitchen, I can assure you that the food is freshly and expertly prepared!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

If you do intend to 'eat in' rather than have a takeaway, order your starter, and get stuck into it before you order your main course - like sammydavis we found that if you order it all in one go, then it all arrives at the same time!

Agree with the Macdonalds analogy, but as jayceebee said, there is nothing wrong with the quality (or the quantity) of the food.

IPMAN
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by IPMAN »

Agree with the above post - nothing wrong at all with the food or portion size, only had take away and it was very good in my humble opinion.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

IPMAN wrote:Agree with the above post - nothing wrong at all with the food or portion size, only had take away and it was very good in my humble opinion.
...and he's 'ever so 'umble'

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Keithcaley wrote:
IPMAN wrote:Agree with the above post - nothing wrong at all with the food or portion size, only had take away and it was very good in my humble opinion.
...and he's 'ever so 'umble'
Colin Jeavons eat your heart out...

Tojo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Tojo »

I understand that the main restaurant will be opening upstairs sometime where you should be able to order wine etc.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

We have tried it a few times as a take away - and we have been surprised how good it was.

The Thai curries are good and its reasonable.....

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

I realise that I have been a bit hard on this 'restaurant', mainly because I really thought from adverts etc that it was a new perhaps stylish Chinese restaurant - so bit dismayed to find it a fast food outlet. Not to worry, as said the food is ok and good value and good for that area to have a take-away outlet.

mermaidsexist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by mermaidsexist »

sounds like a school canteen!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

mermaidsexist wrote:sounds like a school canteen!
I don't know where you went to school - Hong Kong??

I wish my school had served nosh as good as that!

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”