The Almond Tree

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

The Almond Tree

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

After hearing good things about this place, we visited last night. Food was excellent, drinks very expensive.

Starters

Bread, pate and olives (free entree) very good
Calamari (best we have had for a long time)
Squid in Mediterranean sauce (decent)

Main

Rib eye steak which was exquisite. I ordered it rare and got it rare. Perfect. Again, best I have had for a very long time.
Sea food casserole that came out on a sizzling pot. Wife said it was lovely but I’m sure she had food envy over my steak.

We got two bottles of water and one bottle of prosecco

The bill came to 399TL, 198TL being for drinks. My wife, being a Yorkshire lass questioned the drinks charge. The waiter went away to investigate and came back with the news that we had been overcharged for the drinks and returned us about 30TL. However, it still meant that we paid 110TL for a bottle of prosecco, which I think is a bit OTT considering I can get the same bottle in a shop for 33TL (new revised price since tl decrease).

Anyway, all in all, very good food, not too badly priced considering the quality. However,next time we visit we will give the prosecco a miss.

john250
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: The Almond Tree

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by john250 »

Discovered this place last year and had great meal.
returned 2 weeks ago and even better.
we booked a table and hoped to sit outside but there had been a storm in the afternoon so all sat inside. Lovely dining room so not disappointed.
my starter was cypriot sausage in wine sauce. My wifes halloumi.
Main course was the tuesday special, chicken pie and my wife had shish kebab. bot excellent . unique taste in my food.
Staff very friendly and on the ball.
The hotel has been opened at least 15 years and run by local family. They are so friendly and you can see why people keep returning to stay.
Outside there is a large pool with restaurant next to it with outside bar. The apartments are very close by overlooking this area.
Best meal we had on holiday and i would recommend this place for anyone wishing to stay

Kath
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Kath »

Are you talking about 2 different Almond Tree restaurants? The first one sounds like Kucuk Erenkoy (which is always fabulous) but not a hotel.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

The other one is just called The Almond no tree in the title.

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”