Missing Zombie Part 2

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Ferguson
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Missing Zombie Part 2

•   Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Ferguson »

Whoever deleted my post can you PM me why?

Has "Free Speach" disappeared.

Come on "Step up to the Plate"

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Missing Zombie Part 2

•   Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Ferguson wrote:Whoever deleted my post can you PM me why?

You'll find that anything that doesn't fall into the snowflake b/s will get censored as one of them will whine.

Ferguson
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Ferguson »

I don't mind, but if I'm doing something wrong Tell me...

If not a Moderator.... Keith Colley (sorry can't remember your name Sir "5050" posts) he knows everything.

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Post by SatelliteCyprus »

You may be interested to read this thread :-

http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... =8&t=44511

Ferguson
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Ferguson »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:You may be interested to read this thread :-

http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... =8&t=44511

Nice One...........

I'm still waiting for a reply......

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Ferguson wrote:I don't mind, but if I'm doing something wrong Tell me...

If not a Moderator.... Keith Colley (sorry can't remember your name Sir "5050" posts) he knows everything.
I wasn't following that discussion closely, so I haven't a clue what went wrong; I'm afraid...

As the moderators don't actually read every post, they do rely - to some extent - on other members reporting 'offending ' (or offensive ) posts, so you can't rely on a moderator spotting your query on this thread.

If you do want an answer, then your best bet is to pm one of the active moderators, and ask them directly - as per the forum rules, they are not obliged to account for their actions, but they are pretty reasonable people, and if you ask politely what you did wrong, you may well get an answer...

Ferguson
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Ferguson »

Thank you Keith, Ill do just that...

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Ferguson....You don’t explain which post of yours has been deleted.

You started a topic with the title Zombie Restaurants (Locked). This topic was in the Restaurants section. It was not deleted but moved to the TRNC Events section.

A number of people have posted on the topic.

If this is not the topic then please explain which topic you are querying.

If you click on the link Active Topics this will bring up the most active topics on the forum.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

...or click 'view your posts', which will show all of the posts that you have made...

Yes and no
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Yes and no »

My post stating about clarity! Was also removed

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Members, if your post has been moved, then it had been in the wrong category. If it has disappeared completely, then it is under review by moderators.

If you do not know where your post is, click on your profile and then click on Search Users Posts link.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Free speech doesn't exist on a forum or social media for that matter. In fact free speech doesn't really exist on the street either as there is quite a lot you cannot say without getting into trouble. Soner and his team of Mods run the place according to a set of rules and they are to protect the forum and it's members.

Whilst you may not have said anything that broke the rules it is wrong to assume that free speech is your given right.

As others have pointed out it is easy to find your own posts with the software and if you have an issue it is easy to contact a member of the Admin team to resolve it. Starting a new thread demanding action may not even be seen by the Admin who are here on an unpaid basis giving their free time for all.

In the short time I have been a member I have seen no evidence of a heavy hand with moderation and the place seems to run smoothly thanks to a combination of members who abide (generally) by the few rules and a tolerance by the Admin team. It is always easier to question the Admin by sending a pm which they will see or a report of a post which is flagged up for them rather than start a new thread.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Chriswright03 wrote: Free speech doesn't exist on a forum or social media for that matter. In fact free speech doesn't really exist on the street either as there is quite a lot you cannot say without getting into trouble. Soner and his team of Mods run the place according to a set of rules and they are to protect the forum and it's members.

Whilst you may not have said anything that broke the rules it is wrong to assume that free speech is your given right.
Ish.

Hate speech isn't legal nor should it be.
Also the mods have to be careful of libel although in Britain it isn't libelous to give an opnion. It is only libelous if you say something as a fact and it is proved to not be. Also you can't libel a dead person hence he rush to print when someone dies. Robert Maxwell was very quick to fire in a libel writ to forestall any bad publicity and it is often used as a form of censorship.

As regards free speech on social media it throws up quite an interesting anomoly.

In the U.S. the anti gun activists will often point out that when the Second Amendment was written the only guns were muskets and only capable of firing a couple of shots a minute and so doesn't cover the automated weapons of today. While I totally sympathise and agree with their fight, it would then logically also be accurate to say that The First Amendment can't possibly cover free speech on the radio, television, internet and other modern communication methods?

Off topic I guess but food for thought?

Ferguson
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Ferguson »

Chriswright03 wrote:

Free speech doesn't exist on a forum or social media for that matter. In fact free speech doesn't really exist on the street either as there is quite a lot you cannot say without getting into trouble. Soner and his team of Mods run the place according to a set of rules and they are to protect the forum and it's members.

As others have pointed out it is easy to find your own posts with the software and if you have an issue it is easy to contact a member of the Admin team to resolve it. Starting a new thread demanding action may not even be seen by the Admin who are here on an unpaid basis giving their free time for all.

In the short time I have been a member I have seen no evidence of a heavy hand with moderation and the place seems to run smoothly thanks to a combination of members who abide (generally) by the few rules and a tolerance by the Admin team. It is always easier to question the Admin by sending a pm which they will see or a report of a post which is flagged up for them rather than start a new thread.

Well, that put me in my place !!!

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”