Zombie Restaurants - Kibkom as an advertising medium

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

Zombie Restaurants - Kibkom as an advertising medium

•   Message 1 of 22 in Discussion

Post by SatelliteCyprus »

I recently added two, or three posts to a topical thread about Zombie Restaurants on Kibkom. Defending Live music in Restaurants, I happened to mention that Gasoline Blues Band (helping to raise money for Hope4Pets) was playing at the Courtyard Restaurant in Karakum (Tonight at 9pm)

Several Kibkom Members disagreed with my comments/opinion along the lines that Restaurants are for quiet nights out, to be enjoyed by people who like to engage in topical conversation and that Live Music is the reason that some Restaurants are so quiet and that some of the owners don't understand some of the basic principles of the Restaurant business.

If you want to read more - http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... 32&t=44459

Well what can I say about the fact that Tonight's show is a sell out (with a waiting list for cancellations) and that an extra date (next Tuesday 2nd October) has been added for the many people who will unfortunately miss tonight's performance. Next Tuesday will be Gasoline's final performance before a lengthy break - a sort of farewell thank you at the end of the Summer Season and the final chance for a while, to help them raise some money for a very worthy cause. It promises to be a 'real' Blues extravaganza. So much for Live Music sounding the death knell for Restaurants ! To book a table for next Tuesday, telephone Mo' at the Courtyard (0533 860 6815)

Further, I would like to extend my sincere thanks to Kibkom which it seems, is the go to place to advertise your event, social occasion and/or business. Well done Kibkom, you have certainly helped us to raise awareness for an event that will raise money for a very worthy cause. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it as an advertising medium to local businesses.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: Zombie Restaurants - Kibkom as an advertising medium

•   Message 2 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

No problem SatelliteCyprus. As long as the event is for charity and you inform us, or your post mentions that it is a charity event, then we are happy for you to promote free of charge. Do take into account that your threads may be moved after 2 / 3 days by moderators.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Come, come now moderators. Fair play to all.

Surely this post should be in either/and/or Events; Charities; Restaurants.

It seems that if the op hadn’t done so much crawling, including in the title, it would have been leapt on from a great height.

But then I suppose it is Soner’s sandbox so he can do what he likes. ‘Nuff said.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

You are so right, complete inconsistency by the mods! I put a "please help me with pool advise" and in almost seconds its gone into the pool section, consequently no replies. Large egos and guess what we can do springs to mind.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Mollie, personally I HATE the 'separate sections' format, but the mods are simply following Soner's instructions when it come to moving stuff, they are part time unpaid volunteers who help to keep the forum running, so I don't think that there is any call for making offensive disparaging remarks about the way they go about their business!

You could always have a go yourself, and discover what a thankless task it is!

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Also surely by selecting ''View active topics'' one can see any and all posts without trawling through all the separate sections.

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 7 of 22 in Discussion

Mowgli and Mollie the Cat... awe we are supporting Hope4Pets - don't be so miserable !

Crawling in the Title ? If you mean the fact that Kibkom is such a fantastic place to promote a Musical Extravaganza which will help to raise much needed funds for such a worthy cause - then guilty as charged.

As in fact will next Tuesday's Gig at the Courtyard because guess what, we have had such a fantastic response that an extra date has been added. Give Mo a ring to book for next Tuesday (0533 860 6815)

Tonight is SOLD OUT to Diners - BUT you can come along and have a drink and a dance. Go on, you know you want to ! If any of the people who have booked can't make it tonight, please let Mo know because there is a waiting list.

Gasoline Blues Band - keeping music LIVE !

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Hahaha - well played

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 9 of 22 in Discussion

Hi Keith...I was just thinking, what a brilliant name for a restaurant ! (Zombies)

The waiters would be dressed as Frankenstein (obviously), but what would you serve on the menu ?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

If we're being serious about this (unlikely, I know), then dress the waiters as Frankenstein's monster complete with bolt through neck etc...

The menu?

Dare I start it of with Brain ? I expect you could do a reasonable mock-up with a cauliflower

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 11 of 22 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Mollie the cat wrote:You are so right, complete inconsistency by the mods! I put a "please help me with pool advise" and in almost seconds its gone into the pool section, consequently no replies. Large egos and guess what we can do springs to mind.
I have had a look at your old posts as far back as Sept 2017; so a year back and also in the pool section but cannot seem to find anything posted by you re pool advice. I am enjoying a G&T so might have missed of course.

However .........It is not deliberate inconsistency.

Moderators are not on the forum 24/7. I am permanently logged in and my profile will show I am online, however I do have a life and at 3am I am certainly not moderating. When I am on line I trawl thro all the active topics on the first page to ensure there is nothing contentious whilst also trying to place topics in the correct section.

We have many times in the past discussed whether the different sections work. On balance having different sections makes it easier to find information on a particular topic and also helps when searching for information.

Mods sometimes miss topics that are getting out of hand and rely on members to report to us so we can take a look and decide what action if any needs to be taken. Topics may be temporarily removed from the forum so that mods can view and discuss what action, if any needs to be taken. We sometimes do not agree, however we respect the decision made by the forum owner. As for topics being moved to the correct part of the forum, this very much depends when moderators are on line, moderating and have the time. Sometimes I am on line moderating for an hour, sometimes just a couple of minutes.

Moderators have to try and strike a balance taking into consideration all the members. There have been times when we have had to take a topic down to prevent legal action. Sometimes topics go off topic and despite asking to keep to the subject matter this doesn’t happen. The topic often ends up with maybe only a couple of members trading punches with each other and in this instance the topic may be locked. There have also been times (fortunately few) when moderators have received very offensive PMs or emails often with threats which has resulted in topics being removed and members banned.

Moderators are not perfect, but who is. This forum has been going for a good number of years so we have probably got it about right.

Hope this helps.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Laura B wrote:Also surely by selecting ''View active topics'' one can see any and all posts without trawling through all the separate sections.
That’s exactly how I do navigate the Forum. But since the blatant advertising of this gig is in multiple topics, the titles of which don’t warn me that it’s going to appear AGAIN, it’s difficult to avoid.
Keithcaley wrote:Mollie, personally I HATE the 'separate sections' format, but the mods are simply following Soner's instructions when it come to moving stuff,
My point exactly, which you seem to have missed/ignored. Why has this topic not been moved to the appropriate sections, since the moderators are all over the case?
PoshinDevon wrote:Moderators are not on the forum 24/7 and when we are we try to trawl thro all the topics to ensure there is nothing contentious whilst also placing topics in the correct section.
But you ARE on the Forum AND in this topic so why haven’t you taken action and moved it?
PoshinDevon wrote:We have many times in the past discussed whether the different sections work. On balance having different sections makes it easier to find information on a particular topic and also helps when searching for information.
I agree.
PoshinDevon wrote:Mods sometimes miss topics that are getting out of hand and rely on members to report to us so we can take a look and decide what action if any needs to be taken.
Which is what I did but still no action is taken over this blatant misuse of the Forum.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 13 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Mowgli597, you said that I had "missed your point", whereas in fact I had not addresses my post to you or responded to any of your posts - my post was addressed to molliethecat and was in response to molliethecat's post.

You seem to think that this thread should be moved to another section, but I don't understand why you think that - after all, the subject is not Restaurants is it? It's not Live Music or Entertainment, is it? It's about the use of Kibkom as an Advertising Medium - and I would have thought that a general discussion of that subject should be on the main forum, for general discussion, which is precisely where it is!

I await your comments and reasoning with interest.

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

My apologies regarding the “misread my post”, Keith. Mea maxima culpa, but the other comment asking why it hadn’t been moved is still valid IMHO.

As regards moving this thread and the fact that the subject is “about the use of Kibkom as an advertising medium”:
When I read the original post I see a lot of reference to other subjects, including more plugs for the gig under discussion here and elsewhere, and one final paragraph regarding Kibkom and advertising.
But then maybe I use different logic from other people.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 15 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Mowgli597 wrote:...When I read the original post I see a lot of reference to other subjects, including more plugs for the gig under discussion here and elsewhere, and one final paragraph regarding Kibkom and advertising...
So I ask again - given the wide ranging nature of the discussion, which specific section do you think would be more appropriate for this thread than the 'general' forum?

I imagine that this is the question that Mods must face all of the time, I can't say that I would welcome the responsibility

Paul (satellite cyprus) is a shameless 'self-publicist' as plenty of his posts elsewhere will show, but on this occasion he is promoting the Hope4Pets charity (as well as plugging his very LOUD band ) - and Soner is keeping an eye on him...

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Well, since you ask, this is the only paragraph in the topic’s first entry which, again IMHO, bears any relation to the topic title:
SatelliteCyprus wrote:Further, I would like to extend my sincere thanks to Kibkom which it seems, is the go to place to advertise your event, social occasion and/or business. Well done Kibkom, you have certainly helped us to raise awareness for an event that will raise money for a very worthy cause. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it as an advertising medium to local businesses.
But since “Paul” appears to be such a “cheeky chappie” then all must be forgiven

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 17 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Mowgli597 - you still haven't said which section you think that the thread should be moved to!

Any ideas?

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Keithcaley wrote:Mowgli597 - you still haven't said which section you think that the thread should be moved to!

Any ideas?
Ah. My misunderstanding. I thought by “section” you meant section of the op’s first message.

I’ve just been looking for the post where I suggested which sections the op’s blatant plugging should go but can’t find it under “View your posts”. IIRC a topic was deleted in toto - perhaps it was there?

Anyway I would have thought either/and/or (sounds like a logic gate!): TRNC Events; Restaurants; Pets; Charity and Societies. I’d also have thought this was bleeding obvious!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 19 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

But which one?

It can only be moved to one location!

You were insistent that it should be moved - where do you want it to be moved to?

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Keithcaley wrote:But which one?

It can only be moved to one location!

You were insistent that it should be moved - where do you want it to be moved to?
Ok. I’ll play the game. Events. All except the last paragraph (see above) which might stay where it is. All the rest of the drivel should move.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 21 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Too late, I'm afraid - it's already been moved to Restaurants'!

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Keithcaley wrote:Too late, I'm afraid - it's already been moved to Restaurants'!
Yeah. That’ll do.
Result!!!!!!!

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”