Restaurant recommendations Girne & East side

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Restaurant recommendations Girne & East side

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

With the closure of 2 of my favourite restaurants, Stone Cavern & Matruska, can anyone recommend others to try? I have visitors staying this week and would like something other than Indian or Chinese.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Restaurant recommendations Girne & East side

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Shayna is very nice at night by the sea if you like fish Erols if you like fish and steak

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

Thank you. Yes I have been to both of those very recently and I concur both good.
Anyone been to Azure or Old Grapevine recently?

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Last Saturday we went to a restaurant at the Cratos Hotel right on the sea front. I think the name is Mer Blue or similar? Beautiful setting very peaceful, great service. They have a set menu meat or fish, 165 TL per person with all drinks included. I think its good value (about 20 sterling a head with drinks)
You could of course go for the main menu.

The meze was amazing, I counted 13 dishes not small either, a few hot mezes, then the main meat course. The setting and the service did it for us really nice. almost in the sea itself.

Lhasa
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Lhasa »

We went to Cornaro part of the Malpas last week just along from Shayna, lovely setting right on the sea, great service. The menu is a fixed with meze but as we weren't that hungry we asked if we could just pick a main, both had sea bass, massive portion of chips, salad, & a bottle of wine & water, they even brought out 4 slices of feta with melon & a bowl of almonds to start & a big plate of fruit after. Total 135 TL about £16 couldn't believe it!!

Lhasa
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Lhasa »

"Anyone been to Azure or Old Grapevine recently?"

We went to Azure in May, very nice.

Also went to Jacaranda next to the Mosque in Girne, very good also. Can't go wrong with Kitchen (next to Supreme in Catalkoy)

Peggy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Peggy »

We went to The Red Ribbon at Karakum last night and the food and service were excellent. It was certainly value for money

crofter
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by crofter »

The Fez Catalkoy, Eminem Catalkoy, Bella Moon in Bellapais, Bella Marin Fish Restaurant at Lords Palace, Cafe Deniz Karakum, The Restaurant at Buffavento, Korineum Country Club.

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”