Balti House

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

helendj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Balti House

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by helendj »

Went there with friends for the first time last night, not knowing what to expect, but was so pleasantly surprised! We went for the four different curries for 40tl, and had poppadoms, naan bread, onion bhajis and samosas for starters, plenty of rice.
In fact it has to be said there was nothing at all we could complain about, thoroughly enjoyed the meal, the Manager was superb - in effect a great night and at a very good price. Hope others go there and build his restaurant up, its well worth it! : )

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Balti House

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

Been there often, food/service always good.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Always good to read a true review of a place in this day of false reviews on social media. It would help of course if it said where it was because I am sure I am not the only one who doesn't know. Yes I know I could google it but should I have to?

Yes and no
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Yes and no »

Chriswright03 wrote:Always good to read a true review of a place in this day of false reviews on social media. It would help of course if it said where it was because I am sure I am not the only one who doesn't know. Yes I know I could google it but should I have to?
It’s the old fine dining, Esentepe way, on the turning to cengis stone castle, both these 2 places are superb, run bye two of the nicest guys you could meet, I have worked with the kitchen staff at Balti house and can confirm they are superb chefs and will go the extra mile to cook your meal to your taste.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Thank you for that. Not too sure how many members there are on here but we can't all know where everywhere is just by the name so a clue is always useful.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

Not been there myself but two of our friends who live out that way say it is the best curry that they have had here.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

[quote="Chriswright03"]Always good to read a true review of a place in this day of false reviews on social media. It would help of course if it said where it was because I am sure I am not the only one who doesn't know. Yes I know I could google it but should I have to?[/quote.

Assuming you will be travelling East from Girne on the 'new' coast road. Pass the turning for Esentepe (on your right), pass Alcan holiday and Sea Wise Restaurant (on your right) up a small hill with a small shopping complex on your right, pass the Stone House Restaurant turning on your left and The Balti House is just beyond this turning on the left. Plenty of off-road parking. Mo is a genuinely superb host, with an excellent staff of chefs and waiters. Reasonable prices, very cean, excellent food and service. Never had any reason to raise any queries there.
Afiyet olsen!

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Just a slight amendment to Tom's directions. I think he means the Stone Castle restaurant(unless they've very recently changed the name...always a possibility here) and you turn into the road leading to Stone Castle and immediately turn right into the Balti House car park. I can also recommend this restaurant.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

come_on_aylin wrote:Just a slight amendment to Tom's directions. I think he means the Stone Castle restaurant(unless they've very recently changed the name...always a possibility here) and you turn into the road leading to Stone Castle and immediately turn right into the Balti House car park. I can also recommend this restaurant.
Thanks COA for the correction to the Stone Castle name. Quite right and well spotted and remedied.

BBTRNC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by BBTRNC »

Does anyone have a contact number ? I have tried the one given in B.Book but it is switched off. Ta

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Found these on another forum...hopefully they are correct.....as of 2 months ago

0542 889 30 34

0548 847 12 21

The first one is on their Facebook page.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

GyorkshireGill
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by GyorkshireGill »

All the information for the Balti House can be found on page 18 of the website below.
http://www.thewhatsonwhere.com/guide.html

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”