Toro Resturant

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Toro Resturant

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

Have been to Toro Resturant tonight after a recommendation, and have got to say what a waste of 991 ytl. Food was not great, service was dreadful and many of the items not available. It was a birthday treat and to say we were all disappointed was true, all of the 6 diners were unhappy with some part of their meals. Certainly wont be returning. This is the first time during our resturant trips that l have been sooooo let down.

SussexBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Toro Resturant

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by SussexBoy »

Where is the Toro Restaurant? Do you mean the TORA Brasserie or is the Toro a different establishment?

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

It's the old Waterfall resturant on Pine Valley, sorry dont know address but its between Esentepe and Alagadi

tigatrading
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by tigatrading »

That's Taro Brasserie

Lovelife
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Lovelife »

We gave it another try as it has a new manager. At least all the prices are in TL now , the king prawns for a starter are delicious, as for the rest of the meal nothing to get excited about, such a shame it's a lovely restaurant with good outside seating. It will not be a regular for us.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Reference the establishment in question, and I have never used it, have the feelings of the disgruntled customers been addressed to the Manager in order he/she can do something to right the problem(s). It would appear, at least, a different chef might be called for but there might be a need for a root and branch review of the whole service on offer. Otherwise, I fear it will fail and go under. There is just too much competition in the area involved, many providing a decent service at affordable prices.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Reference the establishment in question, and I have never used it, have the feelings of the disgruntled customers been addressed to the Manager in order he/she can do something to right the problem(s). It would appear, at least, a different chef might be called for but there might be a need for a root and branch review of the whole service on offer. Otherwise, I fear it will fail and go under. There is just too much competition in the area involved, many providing a decent service at affordable prices.

Yes and no
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Yes and no »

We had a similar experience not good. Prawn starter was ok mussels weren’t, poor untrained waiting on staff,turning the lights off and locking doors while we were still sat at our table Finnishing drinks . For me it is positioned in the wrong place at the back off the site. It’s a shame because it’s had a fab refurbishment. The thing is they will have to get it right with such a prestigious site like pine valley.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

I assume this is the restaurant that used to be called Cengiz's Waterfall. Going back a few years the Sunday carvery was very good.

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

Yes same place. Lovely looking resturant and beautifully fitted out just bad management and poor overpriced food really sad as this could be a wonderful venue

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”