Lords palace xmas lunch

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Lords palace xmas lunch

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Absolutely fantastic, well done to all the fabulous staff!

jardap
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Lords palace xmas lunch

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by jardap »

The staff as always where excellent, but talking to other guests there, we all agreed the lunch would have been better if the food was hot.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Hi Jardap, we eat at the place outside of the main building, can't recall its name, the food was hot, no problem there. Only issue with the food was the parsnips, almost raw but other than that excellent!

TB10pilot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by TB10pilot »

We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at Paya Palazzo. Excellent range of food on offer including delicious seafoods, steaks, turkey etc, great service and copious amounts of good wines.
My only comments would be the cold plates for the main courses and overcooked sprouts and asparagus. But Hey Ho, life is too short for such comments! In many parts of the world people did not even eat on Christmas Day!

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

We went to a friends house and had wonderful food (everyone prepared and cooked one course), super wine and bubbly with loads of laughs. I know which I preferred, having "done" the large hotels in the past.

MrsD
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by MrsD »

We booked the two night package at Lords palace and it was fabulous. The staff are all so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. So much food and so much choice and drinks included.

Will definitely be going again.

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Agree with jardap. Food was cold on all of the meals Including breakfast. Cold beans. Eggs etc.
Lots of choice just cold. Was first on xmas day for the buffet food in spice restaurant so went for the mains before the starter . Food was aired at best.

Up the Reds.
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Up the Reds. »

I absolutely hate cool or cold food, even at home I reheat my plate in the microwave half way through a main course. Cold gravy, sprouts, parsnip and turkey ..yuk, yuk, yuk !! Can understand the logistics of producing a Christmas dinner of course particularly for large numbers !!!

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Regarding the cold food, have always had the same experience in the Spice bar (buffet restaurant) but the food we have eaten in the sky bar and outside venue, both waiter service have been faultless . A happy new year to all!

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Old chef's saying,' hot food on hot plates or it doesn't go out'.

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”