Alsancak new restaurant

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Alsancak new restaurant

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

I can't remember the rest of the name, but Mare something or other, is a new ish restaurant on the main Alsancak road near to Jashan. Has anyone been there yet, assuming it is open as we have seen people in there but nothing here under Restaurants.

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Alsancak new restaurant

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

As I understand it is a Fish Meze type place. Inside/outside place that makes it a smoking place so I shall be avoiding.
Some are wise and some otherwise.....

huggiesbob
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by huggiesbob »

Yes over priced drinks an expensive fir what you actually get after the salads 140 TL.
Just my opinion.

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

140tl for a Salad? Perhaps you get a side meal with it :lol:

happyinthesun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by happyinthesun »

MnM wrote:
Tue 19 Jan 2021 10:15 am
140tl for a Salad? Perhaps you get a side meal with it :lol:
140 to everyone else to to you 280tl......and you're not even here to qualify (:Z)

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I know a number of people who have been but won't be going again. Its a meze type meal, for which you automatically pay 140tl. For those of you who know it, its exactly the same as Cenap in concept, but fish. First its cold meze after cold meze, then the endless round of hot meze. My friends had to ask them to stop as it got too much. Then you get your main course, which is included in the price I understand, but unless you are really hungry, like Cenaps, you just can't eat anymore. Drinks pricey. Its becoming popular with locals and smokers though. As I say, haven't been myself so the above is second hand information.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

I think us Brits are conditioned to try and eat all the meze as it appears rude not to but whenever I look around at what the locals are doing they leave the boring stuff (humus, cacik, etc) and focus on the hot meze and main items (meat/fish).

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

You are allowed to speak and say you dont want it all or only the hot meze.

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Thank you Sophie, you are always succinct and answering the point. Don't think we will bother with that restaurant although it is always nice to try somewhere new, but for 140tl (yes, I know, that is still cheap) we can get a meal we know we will enjoy.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

We went before Christmas on a Friday night when they had entertainment. We think it's good value with entertainment thrown in but not sure we'd go just for the meal. It is a meyhane, which means no menu and you get what they give you on the night. I will say the service was very good and you can have as much of any particular dish that you like. We had to declare before all the food was served as we were stuffed. We found the staff and owner very friendly and helpful, he's spent over £100k on the refurb so deserves a bit of respect for his optimism. We will support him if he is still around when things get back to normallish????

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”