To all the girlies out there, can you help?

Planning a wedding in the TRNC? Get all the information you need from Kibkom members.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

cherryblossom
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

To all the girlies out there, can you help?

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by cherryblossom »

My Son and Fiancee marry in Bellapais, it is at the end of July 6pm in the evening - phew I just know I'm gonna frazzle (they are both school teachers so this is the only time of year for them to get the week they need to be here, before they can tie the knot).

My question is:

Do I go to a hairdressers or an' up do', or is it just going to be too rediculously hot?

What about make up? Is is going to melt off?

My Daughter is one of the bridesmaids ( having to sort themselves out makeup and hair wise), she is wondering the same.

50 guests so I want to look half decent, wearing a cool maxi dress and flats.

Any suggestions gratfully received.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: To all the girlies out there, can you help?

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Hi there, Cherry Blossom. What is the exact date of the wedding, and what are their names, and is Vashti your planner?
I can certainly help with advice, but for now I would advise re make up , don't put anything pan cakey on your skin. lipstick, eyeshadow, eye liner all O.K, but yuou can certainly 'melt'. Or maybe use an artificial tan for colouring.
Hair - up if you don't want it sticking to your neck, but it can be a simple 'up' not a Turkish wedding style 'up. Same goes for any other female involved! If you have a fair bit of humidity, that makes things worse, so do your best to be cool.
As to dress - whatever everyone agrees is the style to go for. Whatever the couple are aiming for, fit in with that, but don't have anything too tight.
do you know a hairdresser well here, as they can do everything and advise well. But beware paying out for a bridal package - it can cost £250 as opposed to a 20tl blow dry plus make up done at home.

as to shoes, if you are at Kybele in the grass area, I would advise everyone to wear flats, or low heels, as higher ones sink in the grass!
Hope that helps. I can assur eyou that you will have a wonderful day.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

BLUE BUTTERFLY
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by BLUE BUTTERFLY »

Hi Cherryblossom, don't panic, by 6pm it starts to cool down a bit and there is always a pleasant breeze up there.

Best wishes I hope everything goes well.
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

cherryblossom
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by cherryblossom »

Thanks to Marions and Blue Butterfly for your advice.

Sorry I didn't get back to you Marions .I had to dash off to be with my Daughter, she delivered a beautiful baby boy by emergency C-section at 3.38pm BST in Kettering, he weighed in at a whooping 9 lbs 3 oz, Joseph George, aaahh be is lovely. My second Grandson, first born on Christmas eve, so will also have two small babies to deal with at the wedding? Any Mums advice would be welcome to........

Yes they are getting Married at the Kybele and Varshti is their planner.

Neil & Shone marry on 31st July. I'll take you advice re hair and make up. Can you recommend a decent hairdresser, as I only get to go out 3 times a year (still working full time) I dont always have time to build up a picture of facilities.

As my place is in the Famagusta area we will be staying in the villa my sister has hired in Catalkoy, could you remommend anyone who does nails who could come to us?

Angelic-Events
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Angelic-Events »

Hi

I would advise having your hair put up as if it is humid you dont want your hair around your neck and face, you can also go for a nice braid to keep the hair of the face if you do not want to put it completely up.

As for make up, you will have a glow from the sun so you wont need much make up, a bit of blusher, and eye make up with a lip gloss is perfect when you are brown and looking healthy.

As for the dress it sounds perfect for the weather here i wore a flowy maxi dress for my wedding and what a difference it makes in the heat!!! A nice braid with your hair up slightly will look perfect with your maxi dress and sandals. Accessorize have some beautiful diamonte sandals.

Enjoy your special day and if you would like any advice on hair etc you can contact the Life centre hair and beauty salon in Kyrenia. 05338639803

Return to “WEDDINGS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”