New laws ref. gas tanks????

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

keepsmiling
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

New laws ref. gas tanks????

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by keepsmiling »

Can anyone tell me where we are supposed to get the certificate/licence from if we've got a gas tank in the garden? Also, how do we find out about the fire-extinguisher required and where do we buy it from?

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: New laws ref. gas tanks????

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

You have to go to the District Office (next door to the hospital in Girne). Go in front door, past reception, turn left and first door on left. You will need to provide a copy of your Agreement with your gas supplier, a site plan, a copy of Kojan and an application form. If there is a Power of Attorney involved in the ownership, you will also need the original of that too. They will do all the necessary regarding inspection of the site etc and they you pay hundreds of lira in back moneys and compounded interest to the date of installation. Simple really. You can purchase a 6k dry powder extinguisher from Ziya Erdogus at Karaoglanoglu Cad. No 109,
Alsancak (phone number 0542 858 3534) for 150 Lira. Hope that helps.

keepsmiling
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by keepsmiling »

Thank you so much for such a detailed reply; very helpful, indeed. We actually rent the house so unless the owner has the required documents (from 10 years ago!) I'm not sure where we stand here. We do our best to be legal at all times but this is a bit of a 'head-butter'. Thanks anyway.

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

I'm not sure where you stand either. Common sense says it's the owner's responsibility to obtain the certificate but in TRNC that rarely applies. Perhaps someone else can shed some light on rental properties.

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”