IPC run out of cash 25% tax on property to fund GC payout

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: IPC run out of cash 25% tax on property to fund GC payou

•   Message 51 of 59 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

The South's 'Guardian of Turkish Cypriot property' is overseeing the management of TC property abandoned in the South. There has only been one case (correct me if I'm wrong) of a legitimate exchange and the authorities only sactioned it after the ECHR ordered that they must. It was a guy called Mike Tymvios, I think who exchanged many donums of land near Ercan airport for less land near Larnaca airport which had been built upon. The GC govt fought tooth and nail not to pay him the compensation value for the land but I think he eventually got around a million euros or thereabouts. I am a bit unclear as to the final outcome as I haven't heard anything about this case for a long time. Maybe someone else can enlighten us.

But the idea that land in the South has been exchanged for land in the North is false, please read my earlier post.

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 52 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

Has anyone heard or know of any update on this important (well I think it is) subject or is the government machine still on summer holidays?

Is the property market still moribund?

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 53 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Just what is truth? I sat at gatherings where Denktash was the speake,r and on three differentoccasions he explained about 'Exchange Land'. The inference was that he sat down with ~Clerides and said 'O.K. this is ours and this is mine' and so they amicably exchanged land. Why did the man say that if it is totally , utterly and ocmpletely'fibs'
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 54 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

It seems to be the norm in Cyprus to say what the listener wants to hear whatever the truth of the matter. I was speaking to an estate agent who speaks Russian and she told me that even the Russians wont do business with a Cypriot because they can't trust what they say.

Crystalarts
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 56 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Crystalarts »

just last couple of weeks this story is being rerun in the media i notice.

IPC are bust or being wound down etc.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 57 of 59 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

I'm with dippersgirl on this nothing to get worried about yet,just well oiled GC rumour mill.
Or more likely a bigger play from Turkey to get money for the Ipc from international institutions if there is a solution.
we need to remember that at the end of negotiations there will be a referendum, no one votes to be worse off, at this time during the Annan days there was poster's everywhere regarding the way to vote, people talked about it in cafe's, now its hard to get a conversation started about possible outcomes.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 58 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Why bring up a post that is two years old?

Times have moved on - if you've anything to say, or an opinion to voice, then by all means express that, rather than just posting links without any comment...

That's what I think!

Crystalarts
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 59 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Crystalarts »

If you read the links then you will understand that the topic is now NO LONGER 2 years old... Rather than posting a new topic i thought i would post it in a relevant topic. (that way historic messages can be viewed too.. makes a lot of great sense)

Considering this was a very keenly discussed topic of conversation a couple of years ago and then went silent because it seemed it didnt come to anything (IPC WASNT in fact out of money).... I thought the fact that the stories are resurfacing again in more than one place would be interesting for those involved in the conversation previously.

If only ONE person finds this update of use then my post/comment has been highly successful....

if you've anything to add to the topic or say regarding the topic, then by all means express that, rather than just posting comments about what i should or should not comment on.

thats what i think.

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”