Residency renewal (under 60's 'retired') - not work permits.

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Residency renewal (under 60's 'retired') - not work permits.

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Thought people might like to know the renewal process at Girne - thus far!

Despite the various articles in the CT advising the BRS had managed to improve the system, our experiences suggest not! Come on BRS update your residency site section and remember, not all Brits are over 60!

1. Attend Girne police immigration office with: your passport with previous stamp in it. You will then be issued with the 'lab test slip' to take to Girne state hospital.

2. Girne state hospital: ground floor near canteen, take a ticket and the present passport and police slip.

3. sit down again and wait for the cashier (next booth) to call your name (there is no ticket for the cashier) - pay 135 tl and you will be told where to have your tests done (last 2 years been in the state hospital) but today it is 'Unilabs', near the police station MOT section. Keep this hospital receipt showing you have paid as the police need it to progress renewal.

4. At labs you will have your blood taken, and new for this year, no x-ray but a TB skin test (after injection do not wash arm for 2 hours!). YOU MUST THEN GO BACK IN 2 DAYS TIME SO THEY CAN CHECK YOUR TB TEST.

5. 1 week later go to the STATE HOSPITAL to collect your blood results (why you can't go back to the private lab I don't know!)

6. After 2, 3, + 4 - you need to go back to the police station to hand in your: receipt for the blood tests, copy of kocan (house deeds) or rental agreement, copy of your passport data and last residency page, bank statements, marriage certificate or divorce certificate, mukhtar's letter proof of residence, pink police residency card and sign the forms the police give you.

PLEASE NOTE: if you want to do all 'Part 1' in one day, you do need to get back to the police office before 11.00, or you're probably wasting your time. You will also see on the notice board that you need 13.20 tl in stamps, these are for the Lefkosa office only, not Girne police.

7. Police will advise you go to Lefkosa immigration in 2 weeks time (having collected your lab tests - DO NOT OPEN THEM!) - you will need to take your passport and loads of dosh (don't know how much 1 year residency is this year yet )

8. Go to Lefkosa and get your nice new residency stamp!

Floradora
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Residency renewal (under 60's 'retired') - not work perm

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Floradora »

Thank you for this information laptawrinkly. Do you by any chance know if these steps appky to first time residency?

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

That is so helpful. Thanks so much.

I will put that in KibKom Times if you do't mind!

As to fees, I THINK, they are about 200tl this year, but I kow I read it somewhere, so will try to dig out. Trouble is they can change so quicky. But even if more than 200tl, if you look at it on a daily rate, it is not even the amount of money that I pay for a coffee in Gloria Jeans. O.K, not everyone ha s my nasty habits but it does put residency costs into a realistic perspective.

And for those of us who don't have property inU.K, just think of the council tax we are saving!!!!!
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

@Floradora

Sorry it's been 15 years since I did my first one so not sure. However the BRS website (http://brstrnc.com/index.php/lifestyle/residency) advice for 1st time applications seems to be the much the same papaers that we took for renewal. I believe over 60's have the various blood tests 1st time, but not for subsequent renewals. Also not sure if over 60's can have the 2 year residency stamp on a first application, possibly from year 2.

Hope this helps.

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”