ID card (kemlik)

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

tamer.abedah
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

ID card (kemlik)

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by tamer.abedah »

Hello Friends,

My mother is a Cypriot and was born in Larnaka, and she's living in Famagusta now. In 2012 I presented all the required documents to the ministry of interior to get the kemlik card, but they kept me waiting so long so I had returned to Jordan to my family and where I live and work, so I'm thinking to pursue this card this year, my problem is I don't know much Turkish to argue with those officials who are postponing and promising, all my cousins have this card and my two sisters too who are living with mom in Famagusta.

Any clue guys why this took so long and if I go after two months do you think I will get a positive reply??

Thanks for the help..

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: ID card (kemlik)

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

First of all, its called a Kimlik card. 'Kemlik' sounds interestingly funny and thats probably why they didnt take you seriously

Second of all, you should really go and speak to a lawyer and get professional help, one that has enough Turkish to 'argue with officials' on your behalf is preferable.

K.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

Robert157
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: ID card (kemlik)

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Robert157 »

Go to citizens advice cyprus , they should be able to do your card in a matter of days for a small fee

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”