Residence

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Tandh
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Residence

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Tandh »

Hi
We are moving over to trnc later this year, what is process and cost for residence? And is there a time scale that this has to be done in,? Same question for driving licences .

Thanks

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Residence

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

All the information you need can be found on this website
http://www.brstrnc.com

If you search this site (kibkom) using residency as a keyword you should find latest info.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Currently, there is no 'residency' status for expats in the TRNC. On arrival you will start the process outlined and secure a 'visitor' stamp in your passport, valid for one year, which must be renewed annually unless you are over 60 years of age. The term 'Resident' is often misused/misquoted here. TRNC Driving Licences are required after 90 days here. That process is simple and has been explained previously here. Costs are more complex, as the TRNC Government raise them without warning, as they do with the costs of stamps required for legal processes.

tr123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by tr123 »

does anyone know the monetary requirements for a renewal for residency. my partner had the ten grand in a turk bank, as asked for the first time, but don't have that amount now, and hes retired at 51 with a uk service pension? Isn't this proof of income enough?

mikelapta
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by mikelapta »

I was a bit short of money here about 2 years ago....I took copies of old bank statements where I was showıng adequate funds,and got passed !!!.I don't believe when you retıre ın UK counts.Over 60 here you are retired

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

tr123 wrote:does anyone know the monetary requirements for a renewal for residency. my partner had the ten grand in a turk bank, as asked for the first time, but don't have that amount now, and hes retired at 51 with a uk service pension? Isn't this proof of income enough?
I would think so - they just want to see that you have sufficient income to support yourself

Learn Turkish
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Learn Turkish »

Hello
contact me at this email [email protected] I can send you all of the details.
Regards.

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”