Documents for House Ownership

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

btkkt
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Documents for House Ownership

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by btkkt »

I have been advised that my Kocan is ready for collection but, having heard that advocates are not at all proactive in such matters, could anyone advise me as to whether there are any other documents (apart from the Kocan, obviously!) that I should hold in respect of ownership of the property?
Thanks in advance!

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Documents for House Ownership

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

The Kocan is all I have and receipts from the Tapu office for monies paid.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

As the Land regıstry will not issue the Koçan until all paperwork is in order, and all taxes and fees are paid, then the Koçan itself is sufficient.

Your Avukat will tell you what the essentials are if you ask - and you should always ask!

Although there may be Avukats who do not appear to be as reliable as people think that they ought to be, I don't think that it's a good idea to start off by assuming that your own Avukat will not perform satisfactorily - but do remember - always ask questions

btkkt
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by btkkt »

Many thanks to you both. My concern was that there might be questions that I should ask but that I didn't know what they were! Remember the famous "known knowns, unknown knowns .... etc"?!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Ah, good old Donald, always good for a laugh...

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Keithcaley wrote:As the Land regıstry will not issue the Koçan until all paperwork is in order, and all taxes and fees are paid, then the Koçan itself is sufficient.
The trouble is what does it say on the Kocan, I can still picture the nice man from Kibtek saying but why do you want house tariff for animal storage and then proceeded to translate the kocan for a customer who was on a very expensive electric tariff, it was a 4 bedroomed house but according to the land registry animal storage. This then bought to light my own house only had 3 rooms with no mention of the kitchen or bathroom which was added in 1995. Its a minefield as we all know so many when they get their kocan and then add garages, cover in terraces which should legally be added to the kocan.

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by turtle »

I am lead to believe that there are 2 parts to your Kochan, 1 part is the land and the second is what is built on that land.

The reason I mention this a neighbour of ours has just sold but the Kochan they have is just for the plot of land and is now going through the process of having the property put on the Kochan which is proving a bit troublesome ?

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”