Medical test (residency) cost, process 2015

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Medical test (residency) cost, process 2015

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Hi,

About to undergo the annual ritual humiliation of being cleared as a 'carrier of infectious diseases' - LOL Still under 60.

Could anyone kindly advise what the charge for blood tests is this year? Is Girne state hospital sending people to private lab's or doing it 'in-house'? Any particular issues been reported in the process this year?

Many thanks

LW

SunnyParkers
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Medical test (residency) cost, process 2015

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by SunnyParkers »

We had ours done this week and were sent to lab in Karolanoglu. Cost us 135tl each. We are over 60 but told we must do residency in order to get driving licence.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

over 60,s dont normally have to have a blood test I didnt two years ago.

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Thanks all for the replies most helpful.

BTW I understand to get a TRNC driving licence you do need a residency permit.

Of we jolly well go into the unknown! Will update if any changes/issues

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

You do not need a residency stamp in your passport to get a TRNC driving licence, according to the BRS website - and according to Forum Members who have posted their experiences on here.

You can drive for up to 90 days on a Foreign (such as UK) licence, but for more than 90 days in any one year, you should obtain a TRNC licence.

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

Sunny Parkers I understand that you do not need residency to get a TRNC license, but a letter from the Muhtar proving your address!

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

They may do if its their first time renewal doesnt seem to need temp visitor stamp.

SunnyParkers
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by SunnyParkers »

Thanks for guidance and comments. We didn't think we needed a residency stamp for our driving licence (first time) after reading BRS and Cyprus Scene as we are over 60. We had a letter from our Muhtar but both police and immigration in Lefkosa told us on Tuesday that we did need residency ......... Who knows!! Rules seem to change on a daily basis here

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Just a quick update on Residency experience 2015!

* Girne police station - got there at 08.05. It was open - crikey before they didn't open doors till after 0830 and now open till 1400 (previously 11.45?)
* 1st part - they check paperwork and give your slips for the blood test & go to Girne State hospital. At this stage they don't take any of your papers till you come back with confirmation you had your blood test.

* Girne state hospital - as they BRS website states, all office on 1st floor now. The ticket machines don't work, so 1st, Queue for the counter with Islem 1 & 2 - only ever 1 worker! Here you will hand your passport and police slip in - this is then slid along the desk to the cashier sitting next to them! Now wait for you name to be called in order by the Cashier (Vizne) pay 135 Tl and where to get blood test done 14/08/15 it was Girne Ozel hastanesi get blood test done).

* Blood test Girne Ozel Hastanesi - each private lab will be slightly different, but here: register your docs at the reception as you enter the go down to the lab in the basement. In the room where the bloods being taken, hand your docs to the other guy in there and he writes the blood vials up. You no longer have x-rays for TB so get a small skin test. After 2-3 days you will go back to have this checked for any reaction. Bloods normally take a week. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES open these results - you simply hand them in when you go to Immigration in Lefkosa.

* After this test, take your receipt that you paid for your blood test back to the Girne police and then you hand in all the documents and complete a form.

When we went back to the police, there was a huge queue - heart sank. However the Female inspector in charge came out to find out what was going on and to her credit 'kicked-ass' as the Americans say, but also started helping process applicants! After 18 yrs of doing this, my flab was well and truly gasted!

So all in all took 2 hrs to complete; I can honestly say it is much improved on previous years. Now, only Lefkosa part - OMG will I get the miserable (older) lady right at the end counter against this year

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Did the Lefkosa bit this week. Got there about 11am, all done and dusted by 11.30.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

I promise it is my last time on this 'residency' topic. There is, currently and for the past 7+ years no such thing. All you will get stamped in your passports is, "visitor". For the over 60s there is a need to complete an initial application. Thereafter it is your decision based upon current governmental thoughts, civil service/immigration employees' personal interpretations, personal circumstances et al.

I dread to think of the mayhem resulting from a Cyprob resolution.

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”