Traffic Fines

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

zoozmooz123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Traffic Fines

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by zoozmooz123 »

hello everyone
i want to know about traffic fines what happens if you dont pay for fines?
i only know about that you cant leave Ercan if you dpnt pay but i am not sure?
can anyone confirm for me more details
thanks

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Traffic Fines

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

The fine doubles 14 days after you receive notification, and doubles again some time after that.

If you still don't pay, you receive a summons to appear in Court, and you are prosecuted.

I'm not sure what the maximum sentence is, but normally you can be jailed for 'unpaid debts', so I shouldn't imagine that fines would be any diffrent...

My advice?

Just pay it!

zoozmooz123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by zoozmooz123 »

I didn't recieve anything but camera flashed at me in February time and I don't see anything I had rent car so am not sure ???

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

zoozmooz123 wrote:I didn't recieve anything but camera flashed at me in February time and I don't see anything I had rent car so am not sure ???
Well, they do seem to deliver the notices a lot quicker these days, but it might take longer if they have to approach the Rental Company first to find out who was driving, and then get around to locating you before they can actually serve notice on you...

Are you still in TRNC - living here, with a known / registered address? - If not, they'll probably get you when you next go through a border checkpoint

zoozmooz123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by zoozmooz123 »

Keithcaley wrote:
zoozmooz123 wrote:I didn't recieve anything but camera flashed at me in February time and I don't see anything I had rent car so am not sure ???
Well, they do seem to deliver the notices a lot quicker these days, but it might take longer if they have to approach the Rental Company first to find out who was driving, and then get around to locating you before they can actually serve notice on you...

Are you still in TRNC - living here, with a known / registered address? - If not, they'll probably get you when you next go through a border checkpoint

I do live here and I was using my TRNC license and not resgistred in my new house it's been about 2 months I fnished from car rent and I haven't heard anything from police and I remember I got flashed from camera twice

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

If it were me, to save any problems or a large unexpected fine or worse, I would go to the police station and ask....pretty sure if you gave all details they would be able to check and confirm if you had any fines outstanding.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

zoozmooz123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by zoozmooz123 »

So basically no court happens for car rent?
Because you saying high outstanding fines
It's been like 2 months I didn't see anything

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

zoozmooz123 wrote:So basically no court happens for car rent?
Because you saying high outstanding fines
It's been like 2 months I didn't see anything
NO - what I said was...

"it might take longer if they have to approach the Rental Company first to find out who was driving, and then get around to locating you before they can actually serve notice on you"

Just be patient and it will arrive!

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

I was under the impression that the speed cameras here didn't flash. I've had many a speeding fine (about 6 over 12 years), never exceeding the limit by much, and I've never had a speed camera flash! Where are the ones that do flash?????

davedee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by davedee »

Always all have flashed for me.

zoozmooz123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by zoozmooz123 »

GATSO cameras here is film when it flash once there's no film no speeding ticket you will be alright
When it flash twice there's film and you will get ticket

And the one in lefkosa says 100 km/h speed limit is digital it doesn't flash and it saves unlimited and make sure you don't drive more than 110 km/h when you cross the first camera when you cross the second camera it's alright

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”