Can you sell without a Solicitor

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Briannu
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Can you sell without a Solicitor

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Briannu »

Thought I would sell our apartment and upgrade to a Villa and my long established Estate Agent informs me it is not necessary to appoint a Solicitor as most of the paperwork is done by the buyers solicitor and he will send all monies to my designated bank. As my recently appointed Solicitor has a fee of £850 I wondered if once again we are being taken for a ride.

The Dog Walker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Can you sell without a Solicitor

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by The Dog Walker »

Yes, you can sell without a Solicitor. We recently bought with the help of the Notary in Alsancak, appointed by the Seller. She prepared all the necessary documents, we met in her office and the business was finalised there, at a fraction of the amount charged by a Solicitor. We also sold through another Notary near the Law Courts in Girne, chosen by the buyer. Again, it was straightforward and a fraction of the cost. Well worth doing.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Yes you can I have just done it.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

I used a Noter for buying Land, he did the payperwork for the sale/purchase and I had done the running around to get the Deeds, paid something silly. Also, purchased property using a Noter.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

From the comments below, and from what I have previously heard, the buyer is at the biggest risk - mainly through ignorance of the possible scams - in a Property transaction.

As the seller, all you have to remember is DO not relinquish possession or deeds until you've got the cash! - In your HAND

Briannu
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Briannu »

Good info everyone thanks a lot just got to sell the apartment SAP.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Good advice KeithCaley, in my case the Noter drew up a contract and if seller pulled out they would be fined a large sum once contract had been signed, then he took the payment part cash part bankers draft gave me the deeds and passed the payment to the seller. I then went to Tapu to sort out deeds transfer to my name. Had no probs.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”