Does TRNC Tax on Income Generated from Abroad?

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

cinalaowai
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Does TRNC Tax on Income Generated from Abroad?

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by cinalaowai »

Hi Everyone!

I have a company in the USA and pay taxes in the USA, but if I lived in TRNC would I have to pay some tax to TRNC on income earned by my business in the USA?

If I live outside the USA for 330 days a year I can significantly reduce my US tax burden.

Of course the main reason I want to move to North Cyprus is the lovely weather and laid back lifestyle.

thanks!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Does TRNC Tax on Income Generated from Abroad?

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Do bear in mind that the 'laid back lifestyle' can wear a bit thin when you discover that your builder, plumber, electrician, local Council workers, Uncle Tom Cobley & all, also want a 'laid back lifestyle'

Things do get done, eventually (well, mostly they do, not always!) - often requiring a degree of persistent 'chasing' of said workers, but it will certainly be a shock to your system if you are used to USA service standards!

There are some really friendly, helpful people, and often small businesses are the most responsive - and there are also some horrors!

I love it!

brian24001
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by brian24001 »

But as Keith will also confirm, the glass here is more half full than half empty.

Good place for a paid back lifestyle, and depending on what you do for activities, diving, golf, bowls to name only 3.

Also an easy place to live and never speak the language, though it does help a lot if you learn a little.
The wife keeps complaining I never listen to a word she says ............. or something like that.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

A (possibly) 'final' word -

You do really need an independent source of income, to come and live here as an 'Ex-Patriot'

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”