P.T.P. refusal

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

jasper2609
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

P.T.P. refusal

•   Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Post by jasper2609 »

After many years of holidaying here my wife and I decided to sell up and move here permanently. We done our research and thought we knew all the pit-falls about buying. We have bought a pre 74 Turkish title property only to have our P.T.P. refused on the grounds of "MAHZURLU". Roughly translated means objectionable. We've no police records or are near a military site. Has anyone had a previous experience ?
p.s, "objectionable" my wife says I'm lovely !

Ozankoy Best Butcher
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

Re: P.T.P. refusal

•   Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Ozankoy Best Butcher »

Hi, can I ask where you are?

We are in Ozankoy and PTP has been refused here twice recently because of an army lodgement in the village.
Ozankoy Best Butchers, Yusuf Zorlukasap at 16 Muhtarlik Sok, Ozankoy, Girne.
Tel. 0533 870 3974, 815 6806, Facebook @OzankoyButchers

English and Cypriot cuts, sausages and sliced deli meats.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Obviously I have no idea why this has happened to you but I do remember reading somewhere that as a 'foreigner' it is very difficult, if not impossible, to own pre-74 Turkish Title property.

jasper2609
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Post by jasper2609 »

Thank you both for replying. We are also in Ozankoy and if this army lodgement is the reason then this has blighted the area and future buyers and estate agents should be warned. Lets hope it is temporary !

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

jasper, what legal advice has your advocate given you? I also read pre-'74 Turkish titled properties would not secure PTP for 'yabancilar'. Do you have an estate agent? If so, nail their toes to the floor for legally correct answers.

lavender
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Post by lavender »

This is not new, with PTP being refused on pre 74 for a decade or more. Sadly the Estate Agents and Advocates don't mention this until refusal then they are very happy to suggest the property is transferred by deed into their name with significant cost and ongoing administration fees. This article, although many years old, sums up the problems faced with this particular deed.

https://agabuyersactiongroup.wordpress. ... houldnt-i/

lavender
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Post by lavender »

Can I also mention that after researching the extent of the problem of incurring PTP on Pre 74 the Britsh Government amended their Gov UK website to state:

"In addition, purchasers should ensure they are fully aware of the rules in the north of Cyprus in respect of foreigners purchasing property in the north of Cyprus including the requirement to obtain consent to the transfer of property. Even when purchasing Pre 1974 Turkish title land, you may still be refused permission to purchase the land/property and no reason for the refusal may be given"

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

I have walked round Ozankoy many times and not noticed any military lodgements
Also i know many non TRNC nationals who own in the village
Is it pre 74 property thats the problem such as these apartments
http://www.housescape.org.uk/cgi-bin/fu ... an1&&OZ121&&

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

Can someone please explain why the pre-74 Turkish title property purchasers are all refused PTP. I assume these properties are watertight politically come any settlement, meaning they are surely the best deeds to have, so are they just too good to allow foreigners to have them???

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Frontalman its the best deeds to keep for your own citizens rather than dilute the housing stock to non nationals who can sell to other non TRNC nationals

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Post by erol »

lavender
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Post by lavender »

wanderer wrote:Frontalman its the best deeds to keep for your own citizens rather than dilute the housing stock to non nationals who can sell to other non TRNC nationals

Even worse and was suggested to us by our advocate, that we might sell to a Greek Cypriot.

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

I have heard that a high ranking army officer has bought a proprty in Ozankoy and all PTPs are being refused. Also the Ozyalcin site in the town now seems to be out of bounds unless you are Turkish or TC even if the current owner is European. Let's hope that this is just a temporary situation.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

Could be something to do with the present Cyprus talks, who knows what has been agreed for the transitional period. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth all the same.

fxtrnc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Post by fxtrnc »

it will change once the island unifies over the next 18 months
Will a spec of dirt on a ball of mud floating through the universe make a difference

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”