Permission to Purchase, how easy is it to do yourself?

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

jeanbrads
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Permission to Purchase, how easy is it to do yourself?

•   Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Post by jeanbrads »

Has anyone ever done the permission to purchase and korcan themselves, and if they have how easy it it to do. My property is ready to get its permission to purchase and korcan, but my current lawyer wants £2000 to continue with the process. Wondered how difficult it would be to complete on my own. dont mind spending time sat in various government offices if it saves me money

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Permission to Purchase, how easy is it to do yourself?

•   Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

I used the noter Unsal opposite the law courts to purchase my home, the homebuyers pressure group's information and forms they had available to print off and a very good Cypriot acquaintance who went around the offices with me. The language barrier was the main bug bearer and I can only blame myself for that.

Due to the fact we had a contract in 'our' names and had already applied for permission to buy, this had to be cancelled before I could submit my own.
Two years later she asked me whether I could put her house on their land Kocan, this did amuse me but I did return the favour and went back to the offices with her.

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”