Putting property on kocan

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

monalisa
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Putting property on kocan

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by monalisa »

Can anyone please give advice on putting house, swimming pool etc on kocan and recommend a quick and reliable source.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Putting property on kocan

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Without knowing the status of the 'paperwork' - Plans, permissions, approvals, stamps and signatures, PTP etc, it is not possible to tell what you will need to do to achieve this, or indeed, whether a 'quick' result is possible.

There is a very knowledgeable chap at 'Royal Estates' called Altan who will be able to advise you, and help you. He deals with the Land Registry and Tapu every day, he knows his way around, and knows the people to deal with.

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

I am just coming to the end of this process which I started over three years ago. So I wish you well and advise you to have money ready to pay for all their requirements, if you don't already have them, like correct boundaries, pavements and a multitude of smaller items.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

Most important is that you have 'Final Permission' for your original plans, which requires that you satisfy all the criteria mentioned in above post (and maybe more).

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

You will need your green file which contains all the site, architectural, structural, electrical & mechanical engineering plans which should all bear the 'VISA' stamp. You will also need the original Kocan which if not in your name should be accompanied by a POA giving you authority to deal with all the departments. The house must exactly comply with the drawings i.e. no balconies covered over, no porches filled in, no garages built otherwise the plans will have to be redrawn by the original architect only as he/she owns them & they cannot be amended by anyone else.
It is not an easy job, is not for the faint hearted & be prepared for a boundary problem as now the measuring is done by GPS whereas it used be done manually from points there could be 2m difference & the new boundaries have to be adhered to.
Sorry do not think the words 'quick' and 'reliable' will apply but good luck!!

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Agree with Ozankoys quick is not the norm
5 years for Land Kocan in our name
8 years house to be put on now shared kocan with 2 other plots.
13 years still working through getting individual kocan
appreciate their are people out their who never got or are getting a kocan.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

It took us three years to get Land Kocan and another three to get house, swimming pool and fence/wall on our final kocan. If we had paid for a private contractor to do the second part we may have got it a lot quicker, I was told.

monalisa
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by monalisa »

Thanks for all the advice, we waited 14 years for the kocan so I think we can manage another few years to sort out this,
as everything mentioned is in order. All advice much appreciated.

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”