Kocani and Parcelization

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

RAZR63
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Kocani and Parcelization

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by RAZR63 »

When buying an individual property are there 2 parts to the Kocani?

1. For the land
2. For what is built on the land?

Does it need Parcelization if it is an individual property on a sole plot? Can someone explain full parcelization please?

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Kocani and Parcelization

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Hello a 'full' Kocan means that the details of the property are written on to the existing Land Kocan e.g. 3 bedrooms, 2 shower room, 1 WC, 1 kitchen etc etc, 2 balconies, swimming pool, garage.
Parcelisation means land division into smaller plots so is not applicable to a single build.

RAZR63
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by RAZR63 »

I am buying a property and have a copy of the Vendor's final Kocani that needs to be checked. What information should be on it? I can see that the building, rooms, terraces, swimming pool are on it but cannot see anything about how much land?

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

On my deed the size of the plot is stated but also a 'map' of the area and my plot is marked out was included in the paperwork, its boundaries in yellow. It was explained even though the previous owner sold the rear garden the house built behind only has donkey access to the house, owns a third along with us and our neighbour. ie he can not park cars in the drive leading to his house, stop us accessing our rear garden etc. I was glad when I purchased my house this was explained especially when the house was rented.

be warned some people can have the house deed in their name but the land still has not been parcelised and they may not even know this themselves! It generally indicates owning a part of land.

The land registry office I have always found very helpful explaining the jargon, Estate agents and advocates are not quite so brutal with their explanation.
I used a noter not an advocate therefore had to do a lot of footwork

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

RAZ you seem like you have a full Kocani as the rooms etc are listed.
If you look at the document there is a list at the top left margin, the 4th being Yuzolcumu Don (donum) Evl (evlek, 4 to a donum) Ay(Ayak,) feet this will give you the size of the plot, also ask the Vendor for a site plan
Near the bottom of the page there is a box headed 'Malin, Tapu etc
Under this look at the third heading 'Hisse veya Hak' if the box under is filled in with a fraction it is a shared deed (unless it is joint owned i.e. husband & wife) otherwise it will say 'Hepsi' which means 'All'

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

ozankoys wrote:RAZ you seem like you have a full Kocani as the rooms etc are listed.
If you look at the document there is a list at the top left margin, the 4th being Yuzolcumu Don (donum) Evl (evlek, 4 to a donum) Ay(Ayak,) feet this will give you the size of the plot, also ask the Vendor for a site plan
Under this look at the third heading 'Hisse veya Hak' if the box under is filled in with a fraction it is a shared deed (unless it is joint owned i.e. husband & wife) otherwise it will say 'Hepsi' which means 'All'
And the box titled Dosya No is the file number which is what you use when making enquiries at the Tapu etc.

RAZR63
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by RAZR63 »

snd1966 wrote:On my deed the size of the plot is stated but also a 'map' of the area and my plot is marked out was included in the paperwork, its boundaries in yellow. It was explained even though the previous owner sold the rear garden the house built behind only has donkey access to the house, owns a third along with us and our neighbour. ie he can not park cars in the drive leading to his house, stop us accessing our rear garden etc. I was glad when I purchased my house this was explained especially when the house was rented.

be warned some people can have the house deed in their name but the land still has not been parcelised and they may not even know this themselves! It generally indicates owning a part of land.

The land registry office I have always found very helpful explaining the jargon, Estate agents and advocates are not quite so brutal with their explanation.
I used a noter not an advocate therefore had to do a lot of footwork
Thank you for the information much appreciated. I have now found the plot size on the deed. I am also using a noter and not an advocate. I have already done checks with the bank for loans etc.... My next step is a visit to the Land Registry Office. Whereabouts is it in Girne?

RAZR63
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by RAZR63 »

ozankoys wrote:RAZ you seem like you have a full Kocani as the rooms etc are listed.

Thanks for your very useful post. I will ask for a site plan. There are two Kocan's as it is joint owned between husband and wife and and shows as a 1/2 fraction on each .

RAZR63
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by RAZR63 »

OK found the Land Registry office, thanks...

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Just check that all the numbers on the 2 Kocani are identical it sounds like they just asked for a copy each.

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”