Military service

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Sewage
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Military service

•   Message 1 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Sewage »

Soner do you know what the up to date is on military service,my nephew would like to visit his grandmother here in kktc he was last here 12 years ago,on that arrival entry into the country was ok but on his departure they would not allow him to leave he did not have the paperwork on entry nothing was said ,it was Saturday they told us to go to Lefkosa to the military office obviously Saturday the office was closed,he was desperate to get back to the uk that day because he was starting a new job.Being desperate he left from Larnaca,and not been back since but would very much love to see his grandmother who is rather poorly he 30 years of age ,can you advise me please.

Welldigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Military service

•   Message 2 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Welldigger »

48 years old is the age limit, anyone under that age is eligible for national service.
I think he will have a big problem if he returns as he didn't get paperwork on leaving last time and might be considered a flight risk, he may be forced into the army as things weren't sorted properly last time.
I'm not trying to scare you, just a warning. You might be better seeking advice from TRNC embassy in Bedford Square London.

Sewage
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Sewage »

Thank you very much welldigger I think your correct in your reply exactly what I thought however I'll tell him to try the embassy in London

TRNCVaughan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 24 in Discussion

Post by TRNCVaughan »

Welldigger wrote:48 years old is the age limit, anyone under that age is eligible for national service.
I think he will have a big problem if he returns as he didn't get paperwork on leaving last time and might be considered a flight risk, he may be forced into the army as things weren't sorted properly last time.
I'm not trying to scare you, just a warning. You might be better seeking advice from TRNC embassy in Bedford Square London.
Not anyone....women are exempt
Clear discrimination.

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

RBS might be able to help

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Cally wrote:RBS might be able to help
The Royal Bank of Scotland?

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

I think she meant BRS - British Residents Society : I very much doubt if they can help, but it would do no harm to check their Website and maybe speak to someone. It might also be worth trying to speak to someone from the Immigration and/or Military (with a translator if necessary) to ask for a special one off remission and./or permission for a brief stay on compassionate grounds.

PS Mowgli: why pick on what was obviously a typo, from the very many terribly grammatic and spelling bricks here. I shall take it as permisson to make fun of the next booboo I notice!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Ragged Robin wrote:I think she meant BRS - British Residents Society : I very much doubt if they can help, but it would do no harm to check their Website and maybe speak to someone. It might also be worth trying to speak to someone from the Immigration and/or Military (with a translator if necessary) to ask for a special one off remission and./or permission for a brief stay on compassionate grounds.

PS Mowgli: why pick on what was obviously a typo, from the very many terribly grammatic and spelling bricks here. I shall take it as permisson to make fun of the next booboo I notice!
Moi Aussi!

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

Thank you RR, BRS is what I meant & not Royal Bank of Scotland as Mowgli pointed out

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Ragged Robin wrote: PS Mowgli: why pick on what was obviously a typo, from the very many terribly grammatic and spelling bricks here. I shall take it as permisson to make fun of the next booboo I notice!
Oh dear. Funny bone out of order today RR? Though I shall take your response as irony (i.e. you’d like to flatten me!)

Although I could have presumed (not assumed for that makes an ass out of u and me) that the original contributor was trying to say RBL - they being militarily inclined and all.

Never mind

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

You're not wrong Mowgli, I was struggling with RBL, having a service background, but knew there was an S in it.......

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Actually Mowgli I just got fed up with people yelling "spelling police" if I pointed out an error. With or without humour. I am making the point that sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander! And I do differentiate between blatant ignorance or disregard of syntax and obvious simple typos.

Actually Cally I though at first you meant RBL, but I could not work out what influence they would have on the Turkish Army.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 13 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

O.K. I give in - what the 'ell is RBL??

- apart from a treatment for hemorrhoids

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

Wow KC you really don't know, Royal British Legion........

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

I am not going to ask what RBL stands for in connection with a certain medical treatment and I am definitely not going to try to spell hemerwhatsit at this time of night

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 16 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Cally wrote:Wow KC you really don't know, Royal British Legion........
Oh, I knew that I knew, and now I do know, 'cos you've reminded me

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 17 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Ragged Robin wrote:I am not going to ask what RBL stands for in connection with a certain medical treatment and I am definitely not going to try to spell hemerwhatsit at this time of night
Hint - it involves rubber bands....

Ooooh - Matron!

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Ragged Robin wrote:I am not going to ask what RBL stands for in connection with a certain medical treatment and I am definitely not going to try to spell hemerwhatsit at this time of night
Try piles.

Well, when I say “try piles” all I mean is that it’s easier to spell

Who started this rathole anyway? Oh!

PS Since we are so far down the rathole, anyone else lost Multimax in Ozanköy or is it just me

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Mowgli: I was actually going to try "piles" but decided it was cheating!

I have MM at the moment - or I could not be typing this - but it was slow connecting and VPN for BBC has been very dicy the last two or three nights, so perhaps another Turkish problem. btw I thought the connection was undersea , not down a rat hole... Or rather rabbit hole since we appear to have got into wonderland.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 20 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Lah lah land

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Never, never land. Never, never will we get:

An interupted evening TV viewing

Our Christmas cards

Road repairs

Reliable disabled parking

Driving through Girne in less than an hour..........................

Add as appropriate, but remember ice, snow, blizzards, and the Nanny Society etc. in the UK! a

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 22 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Ragged Robin wrote:...An interupted evening TV viewing...
hah hah!!!!

RR this was your idea! - might be a good idea to read what you've written before hitting 'submit'

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Keithcaley wrote:
Ragged Robin wrote:...An interupted evening TV viewing...
hah hah!!!!

RR this was your idea! - might be a good idea to read what you've written before hitting 'submit'
I do differentiate between blatant ignorance or disregard of syntax and obvious simple typos. Quote from my earlier post - please take the trouble to read what I say!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 24 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Ragged Robin wrote:... I do differentiate between blatant ignorance or disregard of syntax and obvious simple typos. Quote from my earlier post - please take the trouble to read what I say!
...Oh, I did, but perhaps you've forgotten what you said, because what you said was
..I shall take it as permisson to make fun of the next booboo I notice!
By 'booboo' you appeared to mean mistakes / typos, and I was simply responding to your obvious (and thus, hilarious, typo earlier in the same post.

If it's any consolation, I only ever bother to point out these sort of mistakes when made by either you or Groucho, because you both know better! - and in Groucho's case, he invariably claims that "it was a 'typo' ", while doing a little jig any time that he picks up on one of mine

PAX !!

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”