Visa Overstay

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Hugo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Visa Overstay

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Hugo »

I had entered TRNC at the end of August and 10 days later I went home (Belgium) for a month. I took the flight from Larnaca to Belgium and one month later back to Larnaca.
By going out from the TRNC, to take the plane in Larnaca, they did not stamp my passport apparently.
When coming back from Belgium through Larnaca I went back to the North and they didn't stamp my passport or nothing.
So I started counting 90 days from my last entry in the North which was the 26th september (stupid as I am thinking the obvious that at any border they stamp you in and/or out. Always).
Now for some reason I checked my passport today and I can not find the leaving and or entering stamp anywhere, only the one from in August.
Point is, on paper I've overstayed my 90 day visa for about 15 days already but I should have had a stamp again on the 26th of September right?
And what do I do next?
I cannot find any info on this topic on the internet besides a few people that haven't got the stamp but no real clear info.
The fines of overstaying are pretty big apparently and I'd like to avoid them at all costs.

Thanks for reading and talking your time already. Much appreciated if someone could give me some advice.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Re: Visa Overstay

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Pretty sure that not stamping passport is normal practice. They seem now to book you in and out on the computer and that’s where the records are held.

Think the only way is to ask the relevant authorities to confirm your arrival date.

It’s up to the individual to note their arrival date and add 90 days.

I am sure other members will be able to confirm or offer more advice.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

As Posh says, you are booked in and out at the checkpoint even though they don't stamp visas any more. If you are in the 90 days (not three months) you should be fine.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Whats your age pensioners dont need visa's

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

You can go to the police station and ask for a copy of your ins and outs then you can see exactly where you stand.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Deniz1 wrote:You can go to the police station and ask for a copy of your ins and outs then you can see exactly where you stand.
Bear in mind that they might NOT have given you 90 days...

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

90 days is the norm but sometimes they give 30 or 14 depends on their mood at the time!

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

now the big questions are
Is Hugo still here?
Did Hugo receive a big fine?
was / is Hugo allowed to return?

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”