Drafting Power of Attorneys

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Alt
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Drafting Power of Attorneys

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Alt »

I need some advice from legal experts on Power of Attorneys ( POA ) please ?

I want to draft a POA in the UK

Are they accepted in English, or must they be in turkish ?

Do they need to be stamped by consulate office in london ( if prepared in uk ) or is a signatory from UK Solicitor sufficient ?

Are there statutory time limits on POA’s if not specified in the POA ?

Any advice appreciated

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Drafting Power of Attorneys

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

POA are accepted in English & if prepared in UK before use they would need to be stamped at the TRNC Consulate in London & Ministry of Interior here.
They need to be very very specific as to what powers are granted eg it is not enough to state a general term such as ‘sign any documents’ all the various departments must be mentioned
If it relates to property all the Kocani details should be included
I am not a legal expert I would advise you get one drawn up by a noter or lawyer although I have seen these rejected on several occasions!

Alt
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Alt »

ozankoys wrote:POA are accepted in English & if prepared in UK before use they would need to be stamped at the TRNC Consulate in London & Ministry of Interior here.
They need to be very very specific as to what powers are granted eg it is not enough to state a general term such as ‘sign any documents’ all the various departments must be mentioned
I am not a legal expert I would advise you get one drawn up by a noter or lawyer although I have seen these rejected on several occasions!
Thanks for advice !

Alt
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Alt »

ozankoys wrote:POA are accepted in English & if prepared in UK before use they would need to be stamped at the TRNC Consulate in London & Ministry of Interior here.
Hi Ozankoys

I just noticed that you said stamped by ministry of interior in TRNC ?

If the POA has been prepared in the UK & stamped by the TRNC consulate in London, then presumably the person giving POA doesnt need to be present in TRNC at the ministry of interior, when it is stamped there ?

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

That is correct anybody can take it to be stamped & it used to be FOC whether it still is I do not know.

Alt
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Alt »

ozankoys wrote:That is correct anybody can take it to be stamped & it used to be FOC whether it still is I do not know.
thanks ozankoys

Caveboy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Caveboy »

Is there a time limit on POA documents here ??

We have one but it does not state the end date.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

When I had POA drawn up so I could sort my fathers affairs out I had it drawn up here in english to ensure it was correct, gave it to a friend who posted it to my father who arranged to go to solicitor where he signed it in front of him and therefore witnessed. The solicitor then sent it to the TRNC consulate who stamped it and returned it to the solicitor who gave it to my father who sent it to my friend who was coming back out here. I do remember I needed lots of dagma pul, stamps

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

POA does not expire but it can be revoked. It is no longer applicable should the grantor die
Good point sorry I should have mentioned if drawn up in UK it has to be notarised prior to going to TRNC Consulate if the grantor is not attending in person

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”