RESIDENCY OVER SIXTIE'S WHERE DO YOU GO FOR IT?

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

old trucker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

RESIDENCY OVER SIXTIE'S WHERE DO YOU GO FOR IT?

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by old trucker »

Good Morning

My wife and I have all our documents together, stamps etc, Please can someone confirm that it is Lefkosa we go to, to apply for over sixty's residency, as someone said we have to go to Girne, confused?

Thank you
Christine

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: RESIDENCY OVER SIXTIE'S WHERE DO YOU GO FOR IT?

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

It would appear from what others have said that you need to start at the police station in Girne, assuming you live in Girne area of course!

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Yes, it's police station first but you need to get there early - copied from a friend's post of Facebook who went to Girne this morning :

Morning everyone - just a heads up on the immigration office at Girne police station. I arrived at 7am, this morning and was the 7th person there. We were allowed to take a ticket about 7.45. They only allow up to 50 tickets to be drawn, afterwards a notice is put over the button saying do not push. Over the no. 50 they will not process your documents on that day. This morning the number 50 was reached by 8:15 am. I was told I did not need the 24TL stamp, I had already bought. Apparently, that has been scrapped. I had a Turkish speaker who was with me, which I was quite glad of! Hope this helps those planning not to wait for the online system to function.

If you live in Famagusta area, it is still busy but they do accept applications in the afternoon, at least they were yesterday when some friends went.

Mint1955
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Mint1955 »

old trucker wrote:Good Morning

My wife and I have all our documents together, stamps etc, Please can someone confirm that it is Lefkosa we go to, to apply for over sixty's residency, as someone said we have to go to Girne, confused?

Thank you
Christine
It depends where you live. We are tatlisu so we have to go to Famagusta.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

https://icisleri.gov.ct.tr
RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION PROCESS

Applications for a residence permit will be submitted to the Immigration Authority of the District Police Directorate responsible for the area where he/she resides within thirty days after the commencement of the period granted with the visa given while entering to the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”