Residency update

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Ayala66
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Residency update

Post by Ayala66 »

Has anyone had any response from Immigration Lefkosia to say that residency papers are ready to collect. My application was made on 30th October and as yet I have not heard a thing.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Residency update

Post by Groucho »

Did they not just say come back in 2 weeks? I've never been contacted to say come and get them....

Ayala66
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Ayala66 »

The police officer that dealt with our application said you will be contacted in approximately 3 weeks

steve8290
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by steve8290 »

Some people on the facebook groups are saying that they were told to go to Lefkosia in 20 to 25 days from the date of their application at the police station. Some have been afther this time period and turned away saying that there is a 4 week backlog

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Our usual system was to wait for two weeks after collecting the blood test results to go to Lefkosa to finish it all off.

With the increased workload with over 60s that used to rely on the gentleman's agreement now joining the process I'd comfortably add at least another week onto that.
As for text messages informing you when to go, have many had these yet? This system is in it's infancy so I wouldn't rely on it with any great confidence.

Personally I'd collect the blood tests and go to Lefkosa after a month and keep fingers crossed.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

ETS - that sounds like a reasonable plan to me also...

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hammerhead »

Why not wait and do it on line?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

michelle wrote:Why not wait and do it on line?
Erm... How could you do a blood test online, exactly?

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by come_on_aylin »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:Our usual system was to wait for two weeks after collecting the blood test results to go to Lefkosa to finish it all off.

With the increased workload with over 60s that used to rely on the gentleman's agreement now joining the process I'd comfortably add at least another week onto that.
As for text messages informing you when to go, have many had these yet? This system is in it's infancy so I wouldn't rely on it with any great confidence.

Personally I'd collect the blood tests and go to Lefkosa after a month and keep fingers crossed.
My friend got her stamp yesterday, having applied on 1st November, and found out her file had been sitting in Lefkosa for a week. She did not receive a phone call or text and I'm not surprised, we've done residency for 15 years and never received notification.
However, a new requirement has been introduced. You must produce private health insurance or buy the state insurance, at 340TL per annum, before they will complete the residency process. They will give a maximum of 2 years as that's the most you can pay in advance for state health insurance. Hers was a first time, over 60 application. I will create a new post with a copy of her post from Facebook.

wjms
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by wjms »

Keithcaley wrote:
michelle wrote:Why not wait and do it on line?
Erm... How could you do a blood test online, exactly?
Probably bit by bit...

Getting coat now.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

Topic locked to prevent repetition and to try and ensure that residency information is only posted and is appearing in a couple of topics.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”