refunds

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Nosey
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

refunds

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Nosey »

Hello

can anyone tell me what if i stand any chance with the following dilema

Purchased some vouchers for a bueaty treatment now due to personal cercumstanses am unable to use . Can anyone enlighten me about where i stand leagaly re obtaining a reund on these vouchers . (Have tried to sell them on at a discount price via this web site with no luck)

Many thanks

Royalcorpsoftranspor
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: refunds

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Royalcorpsoftranspor »

mandcoo wrote:Hello

can anyone tell me what if i stand any chance with the following dilema

Purchased some vouchers for a bueaty treatment now due to personal cercumstanses am unable to use . Can anyone enlighten me about where i stand leagaly re obtaining a reund on these vouchers . (Have tried to sell them on at a discount price via this web site with no luck)

Many thanks
I think it depends where you purchased them.
Even though you see black clouds, there is always tomorrow when the sun will shine again

Nosey
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Nosey »

Do they not have laws (ha Ha) relating to this sort of thing that is what i was hoping for . and they were purchased from pamper yourself

Thank you

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

It's all a matter of goodwill, even in UK they are not legally obliged to give you a refund unless the goods you purchased are faulty. In this case, they may give you a credit note in UK but I doubt you would get a refund. Best bet is to try and sell it on. Even if there was a law governing this here, how you would go about enforcing it is anybody's guess.
Just as an example, we were sold a computer keyboard after being assured it was English type, opened the box in the car and found it to be Turkish, took it back within 10 minutes and they refused to change it or refund it until my husband staged a loud sit in protest. So be very careful when purchasing anything here, North or South.

LooseBoots
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by LooseBoots »

Just wondered what the outcome was?
Always look on the Bright side of life. Monty Python - Life of Brian.
Be nice to one another.
Reporting from Portugal

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”