Transporting dog back to UK via overland transport

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Spiceisnice
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Transporting dog back to UK via overland transport

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Spiceisnice »

Good evening,

Does anyone have a contact or info. or the person/company that arranges for pets to travel by car etc with owner over a 3 day period and they stay in pet friendly hotel/accommodation?

I spoke with someone who was doing this but was unable at that time to get the provider's contact details.

Much appreciate any advice/further info. on this.

Kind regards, A

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Transporting dog back to UK via overland transport

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Amanda, I've emailed you...

johnd11
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by johnd11 »

if its the man from lapta, be very careful.

fatouche
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by fatouche »

I travelled to France with my 3 dogs care of (banned user) in Catalkoy. I can't praise them highly enough.

Bernie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Bernie »

Someone else I know also used (banned user) and were very happy.

I think they have opened an office in Alsancak on the same parade as Baroosh and Wines of the World??

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I think that anyone wishing to 'export' an animal from TRNC would be well advised to contact KAR who are the only organisation, as far as I am aware, who are in full possession of the facts and expertise required to complete the procedure in a proper manner.

Before doing anything, you should read this post by KAR

Mountain Edge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Mountain Edge »

To start with I wouldn't go anywhere near this banned user as he is totally unreliable. On recommendation I went to see him and was pencilled in for the first week in January(emails to prove it) but from then on it was either no information or misinformation. In the end we gave up and, like others I know, made alternative arrangements.
That said for my travel I was quoted £50 per dog per translation by two organisations I won't name making a total of £200. If it was a nominal fee fair enough because it would be hassle free but that fee is outrageous. I decided to do it myself and after trawling the internet I am able to complete said forms in about 27 different languages and to be honest it was easy. I flew from Ercan to Brussels and then through the Euro tunnel home and had the paperwork checked many times with no problem at all. They may be experts but anybody with a modicum of common sense can do it, I did and I'm a thick Geordie.
Anybody wanting help just PM me.

sally4670
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by sally4670 »

Re this banned company (i don't know why they were banned) ... i have recently received a price for 1 person and a medium pointer dog to go overland from TRNC to UK (South East) and i was shocked ..... it was £1950 .
I had also been given a price by KAR for my dog of approximately £850 plus £425 for the Heathrow part - a total of £1275 plus her airline box of 450 - 550TL. That still leaves me over 500 hundred pounds to get my own flight and even pay for extra luggage. What a difference and i was thinking that the flight option would be more expensive than the road trip.

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”