Safe Place to Let a Dog Run Near Ozankoy

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

gary&shirley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Safe Place to Let a Dog Run Near Ozankoy

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by gary&shirley »

Hi, we are looking for a safe area to let our 9 month old pointer cross pup have a good run, I take him for regular walks around Ozankoy however with all the stray dogs around even that can be a nightmare, under normal circumstances we would not have such a boisterous boy however he was dumped in our garden some months back and we didn't think it fair to chuck him out.
We would be grateful for any replies.

bigbadbob
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Safe Place to Let a Dog Run Near Ozankoy

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by bigbadbob »

Sorry to say that at the moment I don't think there is anywhere safe to let your dog off lead!
Our Villa backs on to the mountains in Catalkoy and this would be a wonderful place to let our SIX run free but we never have.
They are restricted to walks on leads on the roads in the village and playtime around the pool area, this way they are safe from poisoning
Even if you muzzle your dog I think they could still be in danger through inhaling the toxic substance.
We have taken them early mornings to the beach at Alagadi but this area is now off limits due to poisoning.
Sorry to give such a negative response!
BBB;s other half.

gary&shirley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by gary&shirley »

Many Thanks for your response BBB's other half.

Regards Gary & Shirley

butterfly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by butterfly »

Unfortunately, I agree with the reply. It is a sad situation, but no where is safe. Muzzle is the only answer and then again problems can occur.

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”