Dog Walking Karsiyaka sea side

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Brighton Dot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Dog Walking Karsiyaka sea side

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Brighton Dot »

Has any one walked their dogs down at the Karsiyak ex army recreation area today? I read that someone had their dog attacked by 2 large dogs down there yesterday and don't want to go there tomorrow if they are still there.

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Dog Walking Karsiyaka sea side

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

i walk my two large dogs there almost every day and once they were attacked by the two large dogs from the slipway bungalow, as I call it. They are usually confined in that garden but occasionally they have got out and attacked other owners and dogs. One is an alsation type and the other a lighter brown mastiff type, quite frightening and aggressive. I try to carry a heavy bit of wood when I get near there just in case, which is how I deterred them before. They are owned by the Cypriot owner of that bungalow. Maybe these are not the same dogs mentioned in this post, but just thought I would warn about them too.

Brighton Dot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Dog Walking Karsiyaka sea side

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Brighton Dot »

Yes from the description I would say it is the same dogs, and one of them had a chain round it's neck. Which bungalow do you mean? I've never seen them and have walked my dog there for several years now..must have been lucky. I am very nervous to go down there now as my dog was attacked a few years ago by another German Shepherd. I always take a big stick with me but not sure what good it would do!

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”