Animal Poison Alert

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Animal Poison Alert

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Maybe it’s because it’s the hunting season approaching but we found out from personal experience and have been made aware that food laced with poison is sadly being laid.

Yesterday our dog ate something whilst out on his morning walk in the hills. He is always on an extendable lead and whilst we are vigilant, dogs being dogs will snuffle and seek out any food lying around. We are sure that pet owners will soon recognise something wrong with their animal but thought we would share what then happened to make people aware.

The dog did seem to have found what he thought was a tasty morsel but within 10mins this proved to be incorrect. The first thing we noticed was his back legs developed a nervous twitch. Then within 5mins he seemed to be stumbling a little as if he was drunk, his eyes were glazed and vacant. Plus he began to foam at the mouth.

After a mad sprint home to collect the car we rushed him down to Vetpoint near Catalkoy where our vet immediately confirmed our suspicions. It was poison. A number of injections and saline drip were administered and then followed an anxious few hours wait. Fortunately the prompt action of our vet saved the dog.

So please be vigilant when walking your animals and if you notice any of the above symptoms do not delay and go to the vet immediately. As with humans the first hour is crucial.

Whilst we were in the vets we where told poison had been laid/found in a few areas very recently. These were:-

1. In the hills to the east of Buffavento Village and Sea Vistas.
2. Behind the Elexus Hotel
3. Bag found with laced food in Alagadi Beach area.

Sadly it’s often the family pet that falls victim and we would not want anyone to go through the same traumatic experience that we had yesterday morning.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Animal Poison Alert

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

It is a very common thing here so many animals are poisoned sadly. Maybe put a muzzle on him in future then he cant eat anything.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I cared for 2 beautiful ginger kittens last year somebody poisoned them then laid them out on my drive they had been dead about a day. How cruel ,they were not harming anyone.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Fortunately he is off to the UK soon, so this particular problem shouldn’t be a concern. In the meantime there will be no walking along tracks in the hills.

Muzzle is a good suggestion of course.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I would like to do the same to the person who lays the poison.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

My two hounds hate being muzzled with a serious passion. Rather than muzzling the perpetrators laying poison, I would advocate giving them the same medicine they lay for innocent animals. No doubt the ' leftie lovies' will decry my view - hey ho, I've broad shoulders and a thick hide, so fire away.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Unfortunately unless caught directly in the act of laying the poison or poisoned food there is very little that can be done to those carrying out this crime.

I can think of many ways to deal with this type of low life, but most are not repeatable.

TRNCAnimalRights
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by TRNCAnimalRights »

Please sign the petition to stop the animal poisonings in North Cyprus.

https://chng.it/qmVjPjY7jw

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

Deniz1 wrote:
Sun 29 Oct 2017 1:12 pm
I would like to do the same to the person who lays the poison.
+2

EDIT, just to clarify i meant tomsteel's idea of feeding them poison, not muzzling them. Sick fekkers!

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”