Help! 5 small kittens driving us mad

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

george olly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Help! 5 small kittens driving us mad

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by george olly »

There are five small kittens who are driving us mad, can't leave any doors or windows open, we're not feeding them. Is there somewhere that will take them. I know about KAR but don't think they will take them or I might be wrong. We are in the Lapta area. Desperate for any help and are willing to make a financial contribution.

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Help! 5 small kittens driving us mad

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

You don't say how old they are, if they are old enough KAR if you contact them may be able to neuter them........

george olly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by george olly »

Hi i think they are a about 6 weeks. I've been told that KAR will not take cats. I know of another organisation but have no details

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Did KAR tell you that they wouldn't help? It could be that Mother has left them, hence they are trying to get food. You could always put food out for them, away from your property and then they wouldn't pester you. Then you could go to KAR and get them put on their N&R list when they reach the age, which is much younger than you might think.

george olly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by george olly »

Hi Sophie

Theanks for the advice. Spoken to KAR they're not taking cats anymore so that avenue closed. I think the mother is still around as all they want to do is play. We're only here for another month so don't want to start feeding them. I suppose I could try locating them to another ex pat area but think that would be cruel

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

george olly wrote:Hi Sophie

Theanks for the advice. Spoken to KAR they're not taking cats anymore so that avenue closed. I think the mother is still around as all they want to do is play. We're only here for another month so don't want to start feeding them. I suppose I could try locating them to another ex pat area but think that would be cruel
George, I think that you may have misunderstood Sophie's post - she wasn't suggesting that KAR would take them into their compound, but that they would add them to their 'Neuter and Return' (N&R) list, so that when they reach the correct age for neutering, KAR would attempt to find them, and 'do the deed'
Last edited by Keithcaley on Fri 10 Nov 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

george olly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by george olly »

Thanks Keith for clarification re KAR procedure, much appreciated. I'll have to work out a plan 'B'

George

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

This is a really distressing situation and one most of us have faced from time to time. I would suggest borrowing a dog to chase them out, but as you say that only moves the problem onto somewhere and someone else. You could try contacting Hope 4 Pets North Cyprus. I dont know muich about them but you can contact by looking up details on the Internet.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Hope4Pets can't home the animals themselves, but they can put the word around for looking for a home. http://www.hope4petsnorthcyprus.com/ They are on Facebook, you can find the details on their website.

Many of us are at saturation point with animals, and we simply cannot take any more in. Due to age, disabilities and cash flow, there is only so much that you can do. Of course, this also applies if you are healthy, young and have a healthy cash flow. It's just that bit harder trying to deal with the extra housework when you are not so fit.

I am strongly against dumping them on another ex-pat site. This just shifts the guilt, and doesn't deal with the problem. Please don't. Our site which has mainly permanent residents, are periodically gifted with litters of puppies and kittens. Luckily, we have managed to re-home a lot, but not all of them. It just gets my back up now, when another "gift" is found on our street. It's not the animals fault, but if I could find the people who dumped them, I would report them to the police, and make no bones about it.

Good luck in finding homes for the kittens, but don't beat yourself up if you can't.

rosiesmidge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by rosiesmidge »

Just had two dogs dumped on our site no one can take them as most people are swallows and the rest already have several pets dogs being fed away from homes but what do you do with them long term

george olly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by george olly »

Hi All

Just an update. Managed to find homes for two of the kittens, friends of friends of friends. The other kittens are still here but not now causing us any problems. I think they tended to follow the two dominent ones that we've homed so are doing their own thing. I feel so much better now as it was upsetting me and my wife.

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

I have a new neighbour who is looking for a female kitten, are any of yours female?

RAZR63
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by RAZR63 »

stellasstar1 wrote:I have a new neighbour who is looking for a female kitten, are any of yours female?
We are currently fostering a female kitten who will need a home. She is about 5 weeks old , fit and healthy. She was found in the middle of the road in the Lapta area. Gets on with dogs as you can see !
Attachments
ZARA.jpg
ZARA with Dogs.jpg

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”