Lost dog

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Lost dog

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

This is a pic for Ozankoys

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... pe=3&ifg=1

This seems the only way I can do it, hopefully if you click it will appear

MISSING/LOST/PLEASE HELP
My neighbour’s beautiful Golden Retriever puppy boy, who answers to the name of CHANCE is missing. We have been searching for him locally in Catalkoy and we are missing our daily walks with him.
Last seen Friday 19 Jan. Catalkoy Belediye picked him up from the road and had taken him to Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR) along with three other dogs. KAR was understandably unable to accommodate them and Catalkoy Belediye states that Chance escaped from a truck near Bufavento restaurant/area. We have been searching for him and will continue our search.
Please SHARE and CONTACT ME if seen or if you have any useful information that can lead to finding CHANCE. Would love to know he is safe. Many thanks x

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Lost dog

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

As has been said before, some of us do not do Facebook - and do not want to ! It would help us to help you if you would put appeals like this in clear. I only got a brief glimpse before Facebook took over. In it the dog appeared white, rather than "golden". Is this so as it would help identify. I occasionally walk one of my dogs towards Catalkoy. It would also help to know if this puppy if friendly both with people and dogs, and approachable.
Does he have a collar and a tag?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

here you go...
Attachments
19959254_10213211833683700_3521590202995529474_n.jpg
27021728_10213211845483995_1262967190203880020_o.jpg

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

Thanks Keith, to the rescue again.

RR I specifically posted this for Ozankoys as she has spotted a dog(lost) & was wondering if it was the one missing a week or so ago. As she was unable to locate the post she asked me to, as realises I do follow fb posts on Hope4pets. I am not responsible for the details given out, just trying to help..........

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Thank you Cally it is difficult for me to say if this is the dog that has appeared in Ozankoy but it is male & the same colour.
I tried calling him 'Chance' this morning but he did not respond, he is very timid & I think frightened of my GSD so he walked rapidly away from us.
He seems to go back to a house which suggests that is his home but he is not allowed inside or into the garden.

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

RR if you click on 'Not now' at the bottom of the page when the Facebook invitation pops up it will disappear!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

RR (and anybody else who may be interested )...

I do realise that you may not wish to have a 'Presence' on Facebook, that you may not wish to be kept up-to-date with the minutiae of other people's lives, or broadcast your every thought and action for the delectation of others...

But ! - (and there's always a 'But', isn't there ) - you can create a Facebook 'account' and give it any name that you wish - you don't have to reveal any personal details at all, not even your real name, you don't have to accept any 'Friend Requests', you don't need to EVER post anything at all on the Facebook website, But ! - it will enable you to click on a link such as the one posted on this thread, so that you are able to access information which may be of interest, without having to rely on someone else re-posting it for your benefit...

It's not just Facebook, there are many (very many!) other 'social media' platforms, of which the same is true - why would you want to cut yourself off from sources of information?

Learn how to use these resources, even if you don't learn anything useful, it will give your brain a workout

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Sorry Cally I misunderstood! I thought Ozankoys was the one who reported the loss. Thanks for the pic Keith, the slightly unusual colour will help identification. Such a lovely dog, I hope he is found soon, I will keep my eyes open.

Thanks for the advice Keith, but different people have different types of brain, different interests and different demands on their time. I have plenty of better ways of keeping my brain active than forcing yet more stupid nicknames and passwords that are totally impossible to remember into my already overstretched memory. I prefer limiting my exposure to the risk of the internet, with one or two exceptions of which Kibcom is the main, to those which sadly and unfairly are now essential. And for my physical health I do not want to spent any more time stuck to a computer screen.

Toftsv
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Toftsv »

Hi Cally

I believe this dog is the one hanging around our street in Ozankoy. He's been around for almost a week.

I will try and see if he answers to his name Chance but doubt I will be able to catch him as he runs away every time I go out the front. Cute little fellow.

I live in Yildirim Sokak, which is just beyond the Bollywoods Restaurant. If you head down to Bollywoods from Club Tropicana direction, go round the bend past Bollywoods and do not take the right hand turning onto the main road but go straight ahead towards the dead end, that is our road (we live behind the new Final University).

I can be contacted on 0548 8245104. Victoria

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

Hi Toftsv, it is Ozankoys who has also seen this dog & I found the pic of a lost dog that had been posted on Hope4pets fb.

I will try & get a number to call.......

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Cally thank you it seems as if the people will have 2 dogs to look at as the one I have seen is near Erol's in Ozankoy!

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

I have heard from the person with the lost dog & they say they know of the dog/s in Ozankoy & it is not theirs..... thanks for your concern

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Thank you for helping with this Cally It is a strange thing for them to say that they know of these dogs in Ozankoy but I hope their dog soon makes his way home.

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”