Re: Golden Retriever in Lapta - Anyone Lost it?-Now rehomed

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Golden Retriever in Lapta - Anyone Lost it?-Now rehomed

•   Message 1 of 27 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

I'm bringing this back up to the top, as would really like to find the owners. It is either lost or has been dumped, which is tragic, as it is so beautiful. The dog doesn't seem to want to move on, and the two Cypriot boys have given it some food, but it is upsetting my cats. Mine won't go outside now, and my garden cats have all disappeared this morning, and no it's not the storms, as that has never bothered them before. I know that so many people have had this problem with strays just turning up, but what do you do, I can't take it in, but I can't see it suffer. My number is 0533842 7204
Last edited by stellasstar1 on Mon 12 Nov 2012 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Golden Retriever in Lapta - Anyone Lost it?

•   Message 2 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I know that this sounds harsh - well it is , but if nobody feeds it, then it will move on and find somewhere more congenial.

If anyone does feed it, then it will probably stay put because it will think that it's found a good spot.

If you don't want the dog around, then ask whoever is feeding it to stop, otherwise it will stay there forever...

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 27 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Regardless of who feeds it, it needs to be either spayed if its female or neutered if it's male. The dog population will never reduce in the TRNC if people don't acknowledge that fact. Moving it on won't solve that problem I'm sorry to say.

Twobob
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Twobob »

Hi, did you find the owners? Hope so.

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 27 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

Sophie, you may not mean to, but but I am taking it yours as a very abrupt post. Of course she would have had to be spayed, if not already done and that was one of the first things I did was to check to see if she has a scar, which she does have. We all know about the number of strays and the importance of stopping the number of unwanted puppies. As I said in my first post, she is in excellent condition, and must have come from a good home, therefore unless they had intended breeding with her I had expected her to have been done, and no unfortunately, have not found her owners. She is terrified of cats.

interested
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 27 in Discussion

Post by interested »

do you think it's good idea to find her a new home or you would like to try find old owners for some time?
Kind regards,
Dasha Denisova

Philoz
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Philoz »

Keith- MSG 3
I Agree totally.

Rambling Rose
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Rambling Rose »

Surely no one can be held responsible for neutering a stray just because it happens to turn up in their garden!

It sounds as if the dog might have been looking for company as well as food, if it has been a pet and used to humans.

I think anyone who takes in a stray (particuarly one that has obviously once had a home) must accept that they have to hand it over if the original owners turns up and wants it. I only wish I could care for this one - but even without the spaying I just cant afford any more doggie bills and I couldt give it enough excercise.

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 27 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

Naturally I would love the owners to turn up, as she just loves company, and seems to have no intention of leaving. I want her to have a proper home, which is something I cannot give her. I am in rented accommodation, have cats that are terrified of dogs, plus I expect to be going back to England in maybe 2 or 3 years time, and I really don't want a dog, (I'm a cat person). We're feeding her, but have no way of containing her in the garden, so she is free to go, but doesn't seem to want to. I think Rambling Rose is right when you say she is looking for company, as she is just so friendly, and wants to play or be stroked, not very bothered about food. I've been out most of the day today, but will call KAR office tomorrow, but did tell them at the market Saturday, but not really interested.

genghis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 27 in Discussion

Post by genghis »

Any photos????

Rambling Rose
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Rambling Rose »

Stella: you really have my sympathy. I so would like to help, but I am reachng the stage it is hard to care for myself and three dogs, and it woul be irresposible to take on a forth.

Forgive me if you have already thought of these, I am reaching for straws:

1. If the dog is not hungry, may it really have a home nearby but be just looking for fun. Do you know where it sleeps , and does it show signs of recent grooming? This happened to someone on this board recently, and also to me with a cat.

2. My nightmare is that I have an accident or am taken ill and wake up in hospital (or worse) not knowing what happened to my animals. We are not really a caring community if we dont check people alone and their animals.Could you extend you search for owners to other boards and put notices in shop windows.I think other posters here would help with photos and notices

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 27 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

She is eating, but just not a mad foodie, would rather be stroked or played with first, then goes for the food. She stays at the house all the time, and sleeps here, (well unless she goes off when everyone has gone to bed, and comes back at 6 am !) I will take a photo, but have no idea how to upload it. I've rung KAR and given them all her details, in case someone rings them, but she is not a local dog, as know the dogs roundabout where I live, unless of course someone just got her, and then lost her. We've told the neighbours etc. so if someone nearby had lost her, I think they would have heard we had her by now.

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 27 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

Just want to move this back up to the top. - you never know who might come on and read it

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Seem to have lost your phone number . Please write it again , preferably by editing the top posting. Thanks.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

genghis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Re: Golden Retriever in Lapta - Anyone Lost it?

•   Message 15 of 27 in Discussion

Post by genghis »

Any progress with photo(s)??????

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 27 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

I was hoping someone would help me on that as I have no idea how to upload pictures. I've been on to the FAQ section, but can't see instructions their. The pictures aren't very god a she won't st still.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 17 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Stella - email any pictures to me [email protected] , and I'll stick 'em on here for you.

It's about the only thing I'm good at

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 27 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

Thanks Keith, am sending you a couple, but there not very good.

suehowlittle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 27 in Discussion

Post by suehowlittle »

Rambling Rose, if you are ever ill and need your pets looking after for a little while, you can pm me on here. I will gladly take care of them for you if I am here.

No-one should have to worry about pets if they are ever ill and need hospitalisation. Kibcom is a community and we should be able to organise help.

Wish I could have the retriever but spend 3 months in the UK each summer so it's out of the question.

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 27 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

I think I have found her owners, a couple of ladies that live near Lapithos Hotel. Linda from Petsitters texted me this morning to say that this couple lost their dog a couple of days before going to England for 3 weeks, they are not due back for another week, but I have emailed them, and am waiting to hear. Fingers crossed.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 21 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

dog2.jpg
dog1.jpg

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 27 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

Thanks for putting the pictures on Keith. Unfortunately, I haven't found her owners, a false lead, so back to the drawing board, so please keep asking around..

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 27 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

Well the pictures seem to be working, as I've had two enquiries about her. Will keep those interested in the outcome updated.

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 27 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

Fantastic news for her, we have found a really good home, so thank you everyone for your support, and this shows that with all the help from people on here, things do get done. The impossible has happened, and a stray has been re-homed. Excellent, and thanks to the "mods" for putting this thread as a sticky back on this forum.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 27 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Fantastic news well done Stella. She looks lovely x

jen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 27 in Discussion

Post by jen »

Fairy Tale ending Stella,did Tony take her?

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 27 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

Yes Tony did, but he thought I was someone else and went to the wrong house! I've spoken to him and Emma this afternoon, and they are really happy with her, so for once it's a happy ending, I'm sure she will be very happy with her new family. Thanks for suggesting it to them. How do I know you Jen?.

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”